What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I am not here to write off anyone's beliefs. And this observation is certainly not a comment on God, or his/her existence.

But on this point, the universe is of a size that no human being can comprehend. Count the visible stars in the sky, and think that each may form the nucleus as a sun of their own planetary system.

Now think of an infinite (or near enough if you can not accept this) universe. Think about the stars you can not see.

Literally billions.

Now think about the number of orbiting "rocks" that can constitute planets around these stars.

Again, billions.

Now given this countless pool to choose from, is it that extraordinary that at least one of these planets (and probably more) is just the right orbiting distance from its star epicentre to receive enough heat (and not too much of it) to create, sustain and enable the development of life?

Not really.

And it really isn't that remarkable in a quantitative sense that this is where we find ourselves.

Where else would we be?

So I don't subscribe to the "specific set-up" theory. Create enough chaos, and order will no doubt find its appropriate place.

It's not just the world as we know planet "Earth" that is a truly remarkable place (speaking now in the qualitative sense) - the whole universe is, right from the outer reaches of infinity, down beyond what we can perceive as being the very smallest molecular level.

And it is remarkable, regardless of whether it was generated by what science sees as rational "cause and effect" or by an all-powerful creator.
Bingo! fantastic post.

In fact, i believe that KaboobieGarfunkelShazam has made the most sense asked the most pertinent questions in this thread. And the questions haven't been answered.

Let's get back to the essence of an earlier post of KaboobieGarfunkelShazam - the one about the Samoans and why hasn't God protected them:

The original post claimed that the taking of the lord's name in vain was hindering Parra's chances to win. KaboobieGarfunkelShazam stated that he has seen great tragedies occur to very religious people, thus rendering the original post a nonsense.

According to the original post all the fans of the Storm are better Christians than us. If we want to win the comp should we do a poll of all the club's fans to see if we have enough Good God Points compared to them?

If N.Hindmarsh_Fan doesn't like Parra fans using the lord's name in that way then so be it and he can say what he likes about that. But to get on here and tell us that it could cost us the competition is absolute nonsense.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
and thats why I stick up for my beliefs....you can have your say, i can have mine.
Cheers
Hindmarsh Fan you are a complete f**king idiot!!! You come on a Rugby League forum a day after the biggest game of the year and you say we lost cause a few people on this forum said the lords name in vein WTF? Seriously what drugs are you on? And let me guess the devastation that occurred to the people of Samoa was due to a few people stealing a loaf of bread and God thought he should punish them and kill a few people. Dude do us all a favour and die, it's f**ken morons like you that give this religon a bad name.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Bingo! fantastic post.

In fact, i believe that KaboobieGarfunkelShazam has made the most sense asked the most pertinent questions in this thread. And the questions haven't been answered.

Let's get back to the essence of an earlier post of KaboobieGarfunkelShazam - the one about the Samoans and why hasn't God protected them:

The original post claimed that the taking of the lord's name in vain was hindering Parra's chances to win. KaboobieGarfunkelShazam stated that he has seen great tragedies occur to very religious people, thus rendering the original post a nonsense.

According to the original post all the fans of the Storm are better Christians than us. If we want to win the comp should we do a poll of all the club's fans to see if we have enough Good God Points compared to them?

If N.Hindmarsh_Fan doesn't like Parra fans using the lord's name in that way then so be it and he can say what he likes about that. But to get on here and tell us that it could cost us the competition is absolute nonsense.

I agree 100%

Parra Guru

Coach
I haven't read the countless pages in this thread but I just find it so hilarious that everyone has wasted so much time arguing on such a trivial subject.

Just my 2 cents for the record, and I don't believe that I need to answer the poll in order to validate my opinion...

Firstly, god and footy? Seriously, if he couldn't stop a f**king Tsunami in Samoa, do you really think he's gonna be watching over Nathan Cayless' healing hamstring or Tony Archer's bad calls?

Secondly, talking and joking about Parra Jesus has been around for donkey's years so why pick now to get sensitive about it?

Thirdly, conciously or not, both believers and non believers are always ramming their views down eachothers throats, so if you are so comfortable of your belief or non belief, why do you feel you have to justify it on an internet forum?

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Oh Jesus Christ.... woops looks like we ain't winning the premiership in 2010, I'll give DA a quick call and let him know I said the Lords name and 2010 is no good. Jesus Christ I'm an idiot oh f**k I did it again looks like 2011 is gone.

Kornstar

Coach

Just a thought on this, i wonder what all those children did to deserve to be molested by all those priests?

These guys are representing god, no? These men in power took/take advantage of the innocent, i wonder what answers could be given in regards to these disgusting acts on children, considering these men are representing god?

Kornstar

Coach
Thirdly, conciously or not, both believers and non believers are always ramming their views down eachothers throats, so if you are so comfortable of your belief or non belief, why do you feel you have to justify it on an internet forum?

You live, you learn. There are some very interesting thoughts that have filled these pages, there are also some very dumb things.

I have heard some very interesting theories in this thread that i would like to follow up on.....

The Rev

Juniors
I posted on one of the other threads and stated that mocking Jesus is not going to do the club any favours, I stick by my post.

I am a Christian and many of you are not and that is fine with me, but i will honestly tell you that as long as the members on these forums continue to mock Jesus, parra fans will be dissapoiinted year in and year out.

I believe this to be true and although most will disagree, if we make the final next year and this kind of blaphemy persists, we will lose again.

I am not going to be the forums most popular bloke after posting this, but that really does not bother me, so fire away.

Thanks

NHindmarsh Fan,

While I loathe the mocking of Jesus, does the Bible (in Ecclesiastes) not say that 'the rain falls evenly on the just and unjust'...

In other words, sometimes the bad guy wins... We may not like it, but sometimes cheats prosper... Sometimes Melbourne win premierships... Sometimes Parra players take off their heads and put on pumpkins, or take injuries into games they shouldn't... Sometimes refs have an off day, and you cop a loss for it... Nothing is ever perfect... Not in this life anyway...

It also talks about taking the plank out of your own eye before attempting to take a speck out of someone else's... I take these words to mean that, though I may be a Christian / Minister and am therefore held accountable by God to a higher moral standard, it would be foolish of me to expect everybody else, to also hold to a higher moral standard, unless they were also a Christian / Minister like me... As a Chrisitan yourself, you might call that 'dicipleship'...

What is it with 'religion' and posts at the moment??? What about the footy???

It also talks about taking the plank out of your own eye before attempting to take a speck out of someone else's... I take these words to mean that, though I may be a Christian / Minister and am therefore held accountable by God to a higher moral standard, it would be foolish of me to expect everybody else, to also hold to a higher moral standard, unless they were also a Christian / Minister like me... As a Chrisitan yourself, you might call that 'dicipleship'...

What is it with 'religion' and posts at the moment??? What about the footy???

Oh, so I don't hold myself to a moral standard as high as yours, Oh Mighty One?

Why, because I'm not a Christian and have different beliefs and therefore morals, ethics etc? You are a Christian and so automatically you hold yourself to a higher moral standard?

That's not a plank in your eye, sweetheart. It's a forest. It's the Amazon.

Runaround Man

Juniors
I believe in God and Jesus and all religions and all "non believers".

God loves football, God loves everything and everybody and even the crazy guy that called himself Parra Jesus. Our God is a loving God.

He does not punish...let go of your fear.....and

GO PARRA...

PS. If Jesus was about today, I think he would make a superb winger or fullback.
And he would play hard...but fair....because after all it's only a game...as is most of life.

Last edited:

The Rev

Juniors
Oh, so I don't hold myself to a moral standard as high as yours, Oh Mighty One?

Why, because I'm not a Christian and have different beliefs and therefore morals, ethics etc? You are a Christian and so automatically you hold yourself to a higher moral standard?

That's not a plank in your eye, sweetheart. It's a forest. It's the Amazon.

Anyone got a crane??? I need some help here, pinned down under the weight of this forest!!!

My poor choice of words in this instance defeated my own point... A better way of phrasing (to illustrate my point) is to expect people to hold to 'the same' moral standard... Not necessarily higher or lower...

Sorry if I caused offence HJ, none was intended... I will try to choose my words more carefully next time...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
THE LETTER J (j)

Up until roughly 1780 99.99% of the total global population could not read or write any alphabet language. In fact a huge majority could not read or write until after 1930. This means that the ancestors of today's "supposed" 6.5 billion population going back 10,000 years had absolutely nothing to do with recording any history (including holy/religious/law/science books, manuscripts, papyri, tablets, scrolls etc, etc) in any read and write alphabet language. They just could not do this because all they knew was their tribal/village talk which were derived from MANS true tongue/language expressed as hand, face and other body gestures, arts/crafts, song, music, dance etc.

All read and write alphabet languages need to be memorized/recorded because they are not life-sustainable while the true languages of MANS tongue are life-sustainable, the language is found in all aspects/substance of nature/creation/life.

The only ones who could record history in any read and write alphabet language were the owners of the castles, the land-lords, the high priest-hoods, the aristocrats, the royal families and all their lackeys... they were the tiny tiny select few, less than 100 per one million (.01%) of the total global population.

It took the better part of 20 years to master "The Craft" of any read and write alphabet language which also included the studies of Sacred Geometry/Geometry and Mathematics. You had to be privileged to be given the opportunity to master these CRAFTS. All read and write alphabet languages came out of mathematics which came out of sacred geometry and all together perform as the true practised CRAFTWORK of FREEMASONRY whose logo is The Compass and The Angle, the basis of ALL THE "RULES OF THE DIVIDE" of MANS fall from reality (consciousness) to fantasy (unconsciousness).

The true history of MAN was passed down through MANS tongue. The history of MAN found in ALL recorded read and write alphabet languages were compromised and therefore are not pure and sincere (true). As they say, the victors always write the history! This compromised recording of history (HisStory) is their biased version of reality, it suits their agenda.

The letter J (j) did not exist until the 1500's when it was first invented. It appears the letter j was first used by William Shakespeare (the suspected alias of Francis Bacon) with the word Jew.

The word Jesus came of out Lesus (lesus) and Iesus (iesus) which came out of Isis (isis - the name of one of the thirteen Ancient Egyptian black magic sects/cults) and Zeus.

The English read and write alphabet language called the NEW WORLD LANGUAGE commenced in the 1200's, concluded in the 1500's, was crafted out of read and write French, Latin, Greek and Hebrew alphabet languages.

All read and write alphabet languages including sacred geometry/geometry and mathematics are ABOMINATIONS upon MAN. They are the tools used that cause MAN to fall into a state of fantasy, illusion, delusion and fiction and are the tools used that cause ALL the destruction and chaos upon Earth & MAN.

This New World Language was forced upon the commoners of the British Isles in the period before and after the Napoleonic wars (1799 to 1815), causing them to lose their original speech and language, leading to the wide variation of accents in England today.

The New World Language is a contrived language full of codes that only those initiated to its secrets fully comprehend, akin to an invention concocted by mad scientists working in a laboratory at the bequest of their psychopathic masters. There are different levels of meaning; one level that we all know and speak and another level for those initiated into its secrets, with each letter of the English alphabet also having its own powerful meaning and the way letters are combined adding other coded meanings.

These English Language secrets enable "The Chosen Ones" to speak to each other across courtrooms (old English law), the media, in parliament and amongst the people, meaning that the commoners/serfs/goi/goy/slaves/renters, who are only taught English in the worldly (fantasy) sense (the language of Fantasyland), can’t comprehend the real sense of many statements, documents, speeches, etc. The English language that forms numerous man-made con-structs (structures of the con) are used by the chosen ones to trick and deceive the commoners into giving all their power (Freedom) away.

At all times, the chosen bloodlines, consisting of .01% of the population, were the ONLY ones that wrote the English History books, enabling them to write their biased version (HisStory); as they say, the victors always write the history! Their scripted English History justifies and backs up their version of reality which we believe in, have faith in or have an opinion about today. This protects and maintains the power and control the establishment has over everyone.

The commoners could not read or write until the 1800's, leaving them vulnerable to the plotting of those who could. Just as we spell out a word in front of a child who we wish to keep a secret from, so those who were literate were able to keep the commoners in the dark about their plans for the world.

The Establishment Judeo-Judaic bloodlines are Zionists; they are not Jews and never have been. Zionists are not an ethnic race or culture but believers in an ideology ("The Law") which means they are free to create or integrate with any race, culture or faith to assert their Zionist ideology upon it. Zionist’s are Aryans. The Norman conquest of Britain in 1066 were Canaanites (Aryans), one of the thirteen tribes of Israel - Is (Moon) Ra (Sun) El (Saturn).

All the Pharaohs, Kings, Queens, Emperors, Conquerors, Governors, Counts, Landlords, etc of Old English History were the Judeo-Judaic bloodlines and they ALL had in common, A) God given divinity ("The Law" --- GODS LAW) to rule over the Goi (commoners - serfs - cattle), B) "The Law" (Their Judeo-Judaic Law), C) High Priesthood who honoured, supported, nurtured, encouraged and protected "The Law".

Today, members of the Zionist hierarchical priesthood are known as solicitors, lawyers, attorneys, barristers, registrars, magistrates and judges. Many of the chosen learned elders of Zion become politicians, priests, bankers, experts, media personalities, educators, big business leaders and directors/executives.

bartman

Immortal
Well there is only one Bible, if it is the universal law then yeah there is only one correct way. I was wrong to say maybe yours isn't the correct way, that's where the homosexuality argument comes in
There isn't only one Christian Bible... there are many: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_English_Bible_translations

And there isn't only one Christian interpretation of the Bible's words/law. Hence all the different types of Christianity I listed. Hence the futility imo of any one of these types (or followers of one type) feeling theirs is the "only correct way".

Live and let live... be happy that people find their own path in their own time, rather than feel people must follow the same one. :D

Redback71

First Grade
for Starters JESUS is not GOD he is GODS son.

Why is it that hard for most stupid humans to understand.

and dont get me started on the TRINITY Doctrine.

Redback71

First Grade
The teachings of the Bible? The Bible was constructed almost 2 centuries (I think) after the death of Christ. The Bible is an opinionated book made by different gospels. There were more gospels to be added, but someone of the Roman Empire, precided over these Gospels and decided which gospels would be added to the Bible.

The Bible is a book that was constructed by politicians in order to keep peace within the Roman Empire between the Pagans and the Christians.

Learn the full facts and make your own opinion, then you can decide if you want to be labeled the stereotypical Christian.

some was but most was written way before

The earliest references were the writings of Paul which is dated to around 60 AD. So the 2 centuries argument fails right there. Paul also makes plenty of references to the Gospels which obviously dates the gospels to earlier than 60 AD.
Josephus a Jewish historian also wrote about Jesus and Jesus is also included in the Mishna which is a Jewish account for court proceedings.
These are historical facts but many choose to ignore.

because then they would be answerable to someone on the way they lead there lives. choosing not to believe is there way of sticking there head in the sand.

But I bet you dont know the bible fortold all the world powers from the first 1 to the 1 we have now.

If your really intersted ill post later in a new thread. One thing I love is history and also for centuries people have tried to discredit the bible but every Archelogical dig just proves it to be historically correct. Also people, goverments, Hitler have tried to get rid of the bible ever since it was first written be failed how do you explain that? any other book would have vanished by now.

yy_cheng

Coach
I haven't read the countless pages in this thread but I just find it so hilarious that everyone has wasted so much time arguing on such a trivial subject.

Just my 2 cents for the record, and I don't believe that I need to answer the poll in order to validate my opinion...

Firstly, god and footy? Seriously, if he couldn't stop a f**king Tsunami in Samoa, do you really think he's gonna be watching over Nathan Cayless' healing hamstring or Tony Archer's bad calls?

Secondly, talking and joking about Parra Jesus has been around for donkey's years so why pick now to get sensitive about it?

Huh, I get paid for it coz I'm doing it at work !!!

yy_cheng

Coach
some was but most was written way before

because then they would be answerable to someone on the way they lead there lives. choosing not to believe is there way of sticking there head in the sand.

But I bet you dont know the bible fortold all the world powers from the first 1 to the 1 we have now.

If your really intersted ill post later in a new thread. One thing I love is history and also for centuries people have tried to discredit the bible but every Archelogical dig just proves it to be historically correct. Also people, goverments, Hitler have tried to get rid of the bible ever since it was first written be failed how do you explain that? any other book would have vanished by now.

I'll be interested in that post.

My poor choice of words in this instance defeated my own point... A better way of phrasing (to illustrate my point) is to expect people to hold to 'the same' moral standard... Not necessarily higher or lower...

Oh, so when you say it would be foolish to expect people to hold the same higher moral standard you actually mean that you do expect to hold the same higher moral standard?

Bollocks.

grapeape

Juniors
eels forum 36% athiest! woohoo.

society average is about 15% and growing.

kicking ass in here

Latest posts