What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God's Own

Moffo

Referee
Nuffs said:
the more times i've watched the replay, the more i think that it was a great win but it might not be a good form race. i don't want to take anything away from the win, i just think it has no chance in the cox

and on a side note, how good is the form from the golden rose!!!!! it has to be given group status. dare i say even group 2 for a few years and then maybe group 1. the ONLY 3 golden rose races have produced the guineas winners, cox plate winner etc. and these horses have come 3rd, 4th and 3rd for memory in the rose

Fair enough....each to their own mate

That said, if you tell me you rated El-Segundos or Falcons run i'll jump out of the office!

Moffo said:
savabeel has unfortunately done nothing since. Looked like a world beater last year though!

The light weights love the cox plate. Watch out for Gods Own, it'll be close to the winner

The reason why savabeel has done nothing is because he is at stud.

Macca_

Coach
I'm like nuffs, I tend to think this won't be a good form race... Taking nothing at all away from the victory though. It was good and the horse will win it's fair share of Group races. But don't think it's a Cox Plate horse.

Nuffs

Bench
and moffo is right about savabeel

i backed savabeel from the golden rose right up to the cox plate. i jumped off when i had a massive go on plastered

but it was never the same. he should have retired the horse after the derby and he could have got $10-15 million

Macca_

Coach
A lot of trainers push a horse to far in a prep. Remains to be seen wether that will be the case for God's Own. I like the horse, hope he doesn't go over the top. I wonder how far the horse will get... I'd prefer to see him head for the Derby then Cox Plate next year.