What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast based fans?

Robster

Bench
How important to you is that your local area now has a NRL league team, will you support the team more then any other team in the comp?

ash the bash

Juniors
There are many Expats on the Coast Ex NSW..
heaps of parramatta, saints even a few bunnies supporters... So with the coast in opposition teams will allways be able to attract a fair crowd..

DIEHARD

----
ash the bash said:
There are many Expats on the Coast Ex NSW..
heaps of parramatta, saints even a few bunnies supporters... So with the coast in opposition teams will allways be able to attract a fair crowd..

And you have Brisbane just up the road, visiting sides will have good support.

There was a lot of Dogs fans there on Friday night, a lot even making the trip up from NSW.

I'm glad that say, Dragons, Parra or Canterbury fans based in SEQLD could now have two chances to see their team play a year.

ash the bash

Juniors
So is Robina a better location than Carrara...
I know they are playing the first season at Carrara but from 2008 in Robina, and i don;t know the Gold coast in terms of where most of the population is and how accesable each area is compared to the other...

DIEHARD

----
ash the bash said:
So is Robina a better location than Carrara...
I know they are playing the first season at Carrara but from 2008 in Robina, and i don;t know the Gold coast in terms of where most of the population is and how accesable each area is compared to the other...

IMO Robina is the best option by a mile.

In the next fortnight we should see some real action from the Council. Seeing if they can secure the land, which I think they will because they don't have to pay for the stadium anymore as the state government is paying for it and they want to keep Carrara for the Aerial Ping Pong.

So I think they wont mind spending $$$ to secure the Robina land.

Eelectrica

Referee
For support I'll be a season ticket holder and be cheering for the GC everyweek except when the Eels come to town. I can't abandon 15+ years of support just like that. It will be great to watch a fledging team rise through the ranks though.

As for the stadium: Robina for mine.
A brand new stadium built from the ground up, within easy walking distance of the railway station will be excellent.
The Cowboys stadium looks great, I wouldn't mind if they used that as a design template.

Ghoulies

Bench
Eelectrica said:
The Cowboys stadium looks great, I wouldn't mind if they used that as a design template.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about making it a mini Lang Park capable of holding around 20-25k people. (But I could be thinking of Melboune here.)

0neye

Palmy army Palmy army here we go here we go up the Pirates
We're the Palmy army, don't threaten us

Don't mess, with the Palmy army
Don't fight, with the Palmy army
Don't stare, at the Palmy army

Don't fight, with the palmy army
Don't mess, with the Palmy army:cool:

attamarrap

Juniors
0neye said:
Palmy army Palmy army here we go here we go up the Pirates
We're the Palmy army, don't threaten us

Don't fight, with the Palmy army

Don't fight, with the palmy army
Don't mess, with the Palmy army:cool:
palmy sucks! Tweed Rocks!!!

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I dont think anyone of you are gonna want to argue with the nerang-otangs, coz we'll get our bottles of passion pop and smash em over your head.. coz we're like that!

DIEHARD

----
GC_Gladiator said:
I dont think anyone of you are gonna want to argue with the nerang-otangs, coz we'll get our bottles of passion pop and smash em over your head.. coz we're like that!

Hahahaha :lol:

Latest posts