What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good, bad and ugly signings of 2017

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Farah has been an OK signing this year. The bargain price has been the biggest positive. I still don't understand why Madge showed no faith in cook though especially after the end of last year. I feel sorry for the bloke.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yea maguire could have at least started cook in a few games this year

Oh wait...

Travitoh

First Grade
Terrible article. 4 of the 5 'ugly' signings were low cost and for depth purposes with the exception being a freak injury.

doyen

Bench
Yeah there's a lot of players who struggle to adapt to the pace of first grade but there's some players who just relish it!

Yeah--some players do find it difficult to cement a place in first grade--look at Cook for EG. he was 24 yrs old before he could string a few games together in firsts & that was due to an injury to Lichaa a couple of season's back-----he is still struggling to get a top & permanent spot!!
He's doesn't quite have the goods to be a top flight hooker---he lacks the vision,the brain or the craftiness.
He's now 26 yrs & has probably only ever started in a handful of games in his whole career.

He made his debut in 2013 with 2 games from the bench for Saints.
In 2014,when Lichaa was injured he filled in quite well, I thought,at the time

But,IMO,he hasn't shown much improvement;certainly not in the cagey,crafty area!!