What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good effort from you guys

ceagle

Bench
You should be proud of your boys, they fought hard and had me on the edge of my seat.

Good luck for next year.

Reece75

Juniors
Fantastic effort Warriors you did yourselves proud
let's hope 2012 will be a premiership year

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cheers guys. Coming from someone who gave them absolutely no chance of making the GF this year I'm so proud of the way they played. Just didn't get enough luck/passes not quite sticking at vital times etc. It happens.

More excited about the future this club has than disappointed about losing tonight, although it would've been odd to see a brand new coach having his first game over in England for the WCC. Don't think that's been done before. Ah well.

I hought Manly was very beatable today, pity we didn't start playing until we were out of it. Tey played like the more experienced and smarter team, our guys looked like they just wanted a close game but weren't looking to create anything.

kos

Juniors
Proud of the boys, No complaints and thought well is Elijah Taylor capable of filling a centre role.
Boys never threw in the towel and busted their guts.

WE WILL BE BACK!

And congrats to the under 20.s.

Izz

Bench
Our boys can hold their heads high. They didn't give in, even when everything seemed to be going against them.

We'll be there or thereabouts again next year.

Warmess

Juniors
Very proud of that second half. Definitely a squad which can win a premiership. Lets hope Bluey can not only follow that up, but go one better.

Micistm

Bench
I feel utterly heartbroken atm, but I'm so proud of their game. The bounce of the ball wasn't going their way, but they stuck at it, got back into the game.
I couldn't watch the end celebrations, honestly the last few games have just taken their toll! I feel so much for them, but they did good.
If you'd said even a month aog they'd lose in a GF but stay in it until close to the end, I'd have been happy. But it hurts atm, and it's no doubt a gazillion times worse for the team. Proud of them.

Noa

First Grade
As I said n the game thread, a big positive will be a coach who trusts the skills of the players a bit more.

Shaun Johnson will become one of the greats and the best thing coach can do is give him the entire set of keys and say its your team.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
A bit of perspective and a reason to be proud.

Johnson made his debut halfway through the season and still managed to be our most dominant player on the biggest stage of all.

Locke only just moved to fullback midway through the season and some of his touches today were pure class.

Would've preferred to win, don't get me wrong, but this team has their best years ahead of them and maybe this loss will push them to become better and hungrier players. A GF win after only 16 games? I suppose when you win who gives a shit, but sometimes you get more long term gain out of a Grand Final loss early in your career than you do a win (provided you get a second shot and nail it of course)

As I said n the game thread, a big positive will be a coach who trusts the skills of the players a bit more.

Shaun Johnson will become one of the greats and the best thing coach can do is give him the entire set of keys and say its your team.

Yeah mate, that's exactly right. We saw what he can do when he takes ownership of the team. He's very young obviously and probably a bit shy as yet to be calling the shots. But he needs to and the others need to follow him.

woodyk2

First Grade
Well done Warriors...and i mean that sincerely. Great game and you guys should be proud. Stuffs me why Cleary is leaving because i can see some fantastic things happening with the Warriors team. A force to be reckoned with.

Micistm

Bench
Well done Warriors...and i mean that sincerely. Great game and you guys should be proud. Stuffs me why Cleary is leaving because i can see some fantastic things happening with the Warriors team. A force to be reckoned with.

Cheers mate, and congratulations- worthy crown wearers for '11. The toughest team to take on, no doubt about it.

shiznit

Coach
Well done Warriors... for the sake of the game here... we need a solid season from the boys next season.

hopefully the players can have a nice off season and get back into it next year.

at least there shouldn't be any GF inexperience anymore...

hopefully it wont be another 9 years before you go back to the big dance.

_addict

Juniors
I just got back from being part of the cold, wet, small but noisy Mt Smart viewers. I fell so ... what was the word someone used a few weeks back ... guttered? Fugg.:(

Thanks to all those bandwagon supporters thumbs up to you guys.

Thumbs up to the Manly fans too, who have been good sports and good supporters. Well done Manly, just too good in the end.

Meth

Staff member
Thanks Manly fans (and others).

We played good football in the first half, but not our kind of football. That try we conceded on the stroke of halftime was, at they always are, a killer. Once Mateo and Johnson started to loosen up, we looked a lot better.

Great season, when most of us wrote them off. Special mention to Manu- another great performance 3 weeks after we had the knives out for him. Here's to many more years of the boys proving us wrong.