What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good news for struggling club in forgotten NRL outpost

What do you think of the Broncos new jersey?

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...7/news-story/f7c4e448ad932a14996e6906d242feac

Broncos announce $16m sponsorship bonanza, reveal new jersey for season 2017

THE Broncos have emerged as the financial giants of Australian sport with Queensland’s flagship NRL club to announce a $16 million sponsorship bonanza.

Brisbane will on Friday unveil five lucrative sponsorship deals, including a new apparel supplier that will see the Broncos field a revamped jersey design next season.

Last year, the Broncos amassed $40 million in revenue and posted a record $3.77 million profit as the power of Wayne Bennett’s return was realised on Brisbane’s balance sheet.

Now the Broncos are flexing their muscle as one of the most powerful brands in Australian sport with a multi-million dollar corporate coup to be announced in King George Square on Friday.

57342c91e5a9ed5378d67184b94d483d

Major sponsor NRMA Insurance will announce a three-year extension, bringing the company’s partnership with the Broncos to 16 years.

Brisbane have struck a deal with international sportswear giant Puma, sponsors of Olympic sprint king Usain Bolt, that will see Broncos players don Puma boots next season.

And homegrown Australian company ISC has replaced Nike as Brisbane’s kit manufacturer, ensuring the Broncos run out for their 30th season with a new jersey design.

“This will be an important day for the club,” said Broncos commercial-operations chief Terry Reader.

Lambretta

First Grade
Not a fan of the side panels (but I never am)
The front design is very good - a great Broncos jersey (ok the white lines at the top are a little thick but I'm nit picking)

I only hope the back of the jersey is as pretty, as they'll be turning around and running towards their own goal line to defend a lot (rather than running back to halfway having scored yet another bloody try)

But that is a great looking jersey with wonderful sponsorship integration - well done

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm thinking the journalist who wrote this wonderful unbiased unhyped paid advertisement might be in line for some exclusives with wayne or Darius and the boys next year.

LineBall

Juniors
Get rid of the white Raglan lines, and the side panels and it would be just about perfect - but I'm happy to live with what they have produced. Massive improvement on the dross Nike served up.

myrrh ken

First Grade
With all these changes in jersey and emblem designs by most clubs it almost makes me jealous of stains supporters.

What's wrong with picking and sticking? I bet that's what most fans want but I guess it doesn't convert to sales

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
With all these changes in jersey and emblem designs by most clubs it almost makes me jealous of stains supporters.

What's wrong with picking and sticking? I bet that's what most fans want but I guess it doesn't convert to sales
nailed it in your last comment, same jersey every year = no sales. that's why you just buy last years jersey on the 50 dollar rack instead of buying a new one.

on topic: get rid of those white lines under the nrma logo and that's a sweet looking jersey.

also 16mill for sponsors is pretty decent in NRL terms.

no name

Coach
nailed it in your last comment, same jersey every year = no sales. that's why you just buy last years jersey on the 50 dollar rack instead of buying a new one.

on topic: get rid of those white lines under the nrma logo and that's a sweet looking jersey.

also 16mill for sponsors is pretty decent in NRL terms.
I'm sure a recently retired Bronco may be able to help out.....

T-Boon

Coach
This tells me we need a second Brisbane team.

The advantages the Broncos have over Sydney teams is a huge gulf.

Problem is there is not enough quality players around for it.

There needs to be a second Brisbane team and the lack of quality players is not enough of a reason not to expand. So whilst I agree with you re the "problem" expansion needs to go ahead anyway.

T-Boon

Coach
In terms of the jersey it would be good if the sponsor ad was not so prominent. The ad completely dwarfs the Bronco logo.
The ads should be about the size of the ISC logo. I suppose that is the price you pay for the big dollars though.

GAZF

First Grade
Good for the Broncos. They've had a tough 30 years being the small fish in Brisbane. Might finally see some premiership success.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great to see a club so commercially appealing.

The fact the NRL has only one Brisbane club in it is a disgrace, only NRL would consider this an acceptable scenario.

Lambretta

First Grade
$3.7m profit from $40m revenue?

Where is the cash being spent?

$3.77 million in profit for a year is an excellent performance
If you get close to 10% net profit after expenses from your revenue stream then you're doing really well

Ground hire, training facilities, travel expenses, medical expenses, advertising expenses, player recruitment, losses from previous financial years etc - Running a football club is a very expensive business.