What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould is an idiot

blaine train

Juniors
Anyone hear him on friday night? He goes "Every day of the week Mark O'meley wakes up and asks his wife if footys on today. She says no six times but the one day she says yes he is the happiest person in the world" or "Its a full moon tonight and you know what happens on full monns. The wild dogs come out and they pack in groups." I forget the rest

chunk

Juniors
I don't mind that type of talk.

Its creative and its better than hearing the same old cliches.

gaterooze

Bench
Gould *is* an idiot, but that kind of colour commentary is actually really good. Adds a lot of interest to the normally boring calls Ch9 present.

Have to admit, since Gus has reined in his campaigns on air, I've really been enjoying his work.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I had a good laugh at the Omeley call. I could just picture him in my head asking his wife. :D
I like Gould, His commentary has been really good lately.

Phil Gould is a shocker. I have a recollection that ch9 promised to not have gus commentating in any games involving qld teams. since then he has been involved in:

-Origin 1
-Origin 2
-Broncos v Sharks at Suncorp
-Origin 3
-Broncos v Bulldogs at Telstra

i dont care if fatty is unavailable, if they are looking for someone to call a game then get Ben Ikin, Steve Walters or Wally Lewis.

MrSharky

Juniors
Ikin, Walters, Lewis... What sort of crack are you on?? :lol:

Not to mention the typo in your name... :lol: :lol:

:cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I find it belly-laugh-inducing that the ones complaining are Brisbane/QLD footy fans- not only are they having a jibe at the ex-NSW coach, they're trying to find any excuse possible for the loss.

In summary: WHO CARES? :D

salivor

First Grade
Dodger said:
I find it belly-laugh-inducing that the ones complaining are Brisbane/QLD footy fans- not only are they having a jibe at the ex-NSW coach, they're trying to find any excuse possible for the loss.

In summary: WHO CARES? :D

Who's finding excuses for the loss? Been smoking the whacky tobacy again Tim?

Special K

Coach
Best Gould quote

"You don't have to tell Phil Bailey today is sunday.... He wakes up and he just knows!"

Seriously what the f**k

aussies1st

Staff member
lol gould seems to like to say stuff which involves showing how much footy a player has in his blood

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
salivor said:
Who's finding excuses for the loss? Been smoking the whacky tobacy again Tim?

My apologies, bad wording.

All I'm saying is it seems that there are Brissy fans looking for anything to bring down about Friday night in some parts (not all of you lot obviously) but something like this really is scraping the bottom.

I've had my share of the wacky tobaccy thank you very much, I'm a Bulldogs fan - I need it! :lol: