What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gran Turismo 6

Jason Maher

Immortal
Anyone else playing this? I'm a dedicated fan of the series, but I do think Polyphony Digital haven't really tried since GT4. I obviously love the inclusion of Bathurst, but am disappointed that the car list is basically the same as GT4, with a few additions (same as the last game). It is nice that they've pared down the annoying license tests and upped the ante on credit rewards, so it's much easier to get rolling and keep rolling. I do miss the days of running the same race again and again and again because the prize car was worth a motza though.

And I still f**king hate karts. I've never won a race in one of the bloody things.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had it for a while now. I actually liked GT5 better. The combination of driving yourself and giving orders on how to race was a really good concept imo.

Carts are shithouse.

The cars respond more savagely to the dips and undulations in some tracks. try racing say a Mazda demio at Bathurst, when you're at the top of the track going fast and hit the dip and turn too early, you'll flip the car. It goes close in the chicane just before you hit Conrod Straight.

Jason Maher

Immortal
GT4 was better than both of them, for mine. 5 and 6 haven't really added too much aside from the graphical processing of the PS3.

The one thing I really like about GT6 is the credit bonus for logging in on consecutive days. Kind of necessary since you can't run the same event over and over to make money by selling the prize car anymore.