What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Appearances - Interesting Statistic

SaintPauli

Juniors
Since the NRL Inaugural season in 1998 only 4 Grand Finals have not had

· Storm

· Roosters

· Broncos

This is clear proof the Salary cap has NOT WORKED !
Ironically the above clubs are well known to best exploit 3rd party payments.

THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE, apart from the BRONCOS who draw big crowds, the Storm and Roosters do NOT.

Team like Parra, Dragons, and Newcastle attract big crowds. Wouldn’t it be nice to see them performing better!

Fixing the salary cap loopholes and creating a level playing field will fix the dwindling crowds!

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
These three clubs are basically capital city teams and have advantages in city
resources and financial support and sponsorship with strong and ruthless
administration. The Dragons have amateur administration, poor coaching and ineffective player development and recruitment.

sammythesaint

Juniors
Third party payments gives them an extra few million, its a joke.

Massive benefit and advantage.

Probably why the masses are no longer going to games, crowds down dramatically.

However, having Bennett and Bellamy as long term coaches bloody helps their cause and results massively.

Rorters havent really had great coaches, i guess thats why they have also finished near bottom some years.

98-2017 20 years of the nrl in its post war era.
12 of the 16 clubs have won a comp.
Two of the 4 that havent have featured twice each in the big game.

Only the raiders have been in the whole time and havnt made the gf.

You could argue it is working.

As to crowds...the league puts the games on in shit timeslots for patrons but good for primetime tv.

I dont think they actually care about crowds

jeffdragon

Bench
Third party payments gives them an extra few million, its a joke.

Massive benefit and advantage.

Probably why the masses are no longer going to games, crowds down dramatically.

However, having Bennett and Bellamy as long term coaches bloody helps their cause and results massively.

Rorters havent really had great coaches, i guess thats why they have also finished near bottom some years.
Because the Nrl would be worried if the broncs storm arent successful .
Especially broncs playing on tv every Thursday friday.
The Nrl looks after them
Nrl doesn't care about the fans that much.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Many teams attract big crowd when travelling well.

We don't belong in the same sentence as Parra and Newcastle whose fans consistently show up in big numbers, even when travelling poorly.

I think you'll find that Saints draw the biggest 'away' crowds of any team by a considerable margin. Of course, this is counterproductive because this doesn't replicate itself at either Kogarah and/or Wollongong.

Mind you, this may be a reflection of the demographic change in those areas which have been going on for decades now.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think you'll find that Saints draw the biggest 'away' crowds of any team by a considerable margin. Of course, this is counterproductive because this doesn't replicate itself at either Kogarah and/or Wollongong.

Mind you, this may be a reflection of the demographic change in those areas which have been going on for decades now.

Spot on Jimmy
The traditional Stgeorge area is dominant with ethnic groups how don't have rugby league as there sport.
We need to do a better marketing job in the area.
I was at the local iga south hurstville
And there was a sharks desk out the front.
We need to be smarter.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Spot on Jimmy
The traditional Stgeorge area is dominant with ethnic groups how don't have rugby league as there sport.
We need to do a better marketing job in the area.
I was at the local iga south hurstville
And there was a sharks desk out the front.
We need to be smarter.

Smarter and Doust, isn't that a paradox?

Speaking of the Sharks, I've received a couple of emails from them assuming I am after a membership.

If it's physically possible to remove one's ears during a phone call, I've just done it. The poor girl who just spoke to me...I am in one of my infamous 'murderous' moods.

Doesn't it just shit you that because you go to an opposition's home after buying from Ticketek, you end up on THEIR marketing list?

SGMax

Juniors
You have struck a nerve. The salary cap is one of my rant topics.
My suggestion to fix the cap is for the NRL to independently value each player for salary cap purposes and not register some of the ridiculously low figures in contracts.
They do it occasionally such as for Sam Burgess but they need to do it for all players.

This will make all teams more competitive and give hope to all fans.
This will spread the talent so that all players are part of a similar talented team unlike the Storm trio who have only ever had to play as part of a rep spine in a successful team.
Players also deserve to go through their career with a realistic chance at winning a premiership.

This will also allow enough quality players to be available for the expansion of the NRL.
Currently, Broncos Roosters, Sharks etc seem to be targeting every quality player that comes on the market even with their already rep heavy roster.

Dragsters

First Grade

Speaking of the Sharks, I've received a couple of emails from them assuming I am after a membership.

If it's physically possible to remove one's ears during a phone call, I've just done it. The poor girl who just spoke to me...I am in one of my infamous 'murderous' moods.

Doesn't it just shit you that because you go to an opposition's home after buying from Ticketek, you end up on THEIR marketing list?

You mean you didn't read the PDS?

Probably stated perfectly clearly in legal jargon that they can and will pass your personal info onto anyone and everyone they have ever had a business to business transaction with.

Probably somewhere on page 63, paragraph 18, clause 34.

Just one of joys of 21st century living...

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Do you get a call from the dragons.
Of course not.
As I said they need to be much more professional.
But while doust and his merry men are in charge it will never happen.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Probably stated perfectly clearly in legal jargon that they can and will pass your personal info onto anyone and everyone they have ever had a business to business transaction with.

I'm unsure whether there's a PDS included on any purchase with Ticketek.

Pass me my glasses.

SEAT 1A

Bench

True that Dragsters.