What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenshields, Carlaw and Jensen on standby

Collateral

Coach
Still room to improve for Dragons
By PAUL SUTTOR
April 23, 2004

PLENTY of people think the Dragons have finally reached their potential after three straight wins, but coach Nathan Brown ominously predicts they can still improve.

While happy with last weekend's 44-18 flogging of premiers Penrith, which lifted his team to second spot, Brown believes they can play even better.

The red and whites will need to be at their peak on Sunday when they line up against premiership favourites the Roosters in the annual Anzac showdown at Aussie Stadium.

"Defensively I thought we were good last week but at times we went to sleep," Brown said.

"They scored two tries from kicks so I suppose they only made one line break.

"We've got to, as a whole, defend consistently well for the 80 minutes against the Roosters because they're a terrific side that always plays with intensity, so we're going to have to be intense."

Brown will finalise his squad after tonight's Australia-New Zealand Test in Newcastle featuring Dragons lock Shaun Timmins and prop Luke Bailey.

St George Illawarra skipper Trent Barrett again sat out training yesterday and unless he makes a miraculous recovery from a hamstring strain by kick-off, will be watching Sunday's stoush from the stands.

Premier League full-back Clint Greenshields, centre John Carlaw and back rower Tony Jensen trained with the first grade squad yesterday in the absence of Barrett, Bailey and Timmins.

If he escapes injury tonight, Timmins is likely to move to five-eighth with either Michael Howell, Jensen or Ryan Powell moving into the back row.

Meantime, there have been five hefty bets on SportsTab to the total of $38,200 on the Roosters to knock over the Dragons on Sunday.

roomtoimprove.jpg

http://illawarramercury.com.au/articles/2004/04/23/1082616298111.html

I hope Jensen and Greenshields get a run, Carlaw would be handy to have coming off the bench maybe.

Biglance

Bench
i doubt that greenshields and carlaw would get a run now maybe jensen but i would like to see henderson or big palu

Collateral

Coach
Palu is still only coming off the bench in PL so I seriously doubt him playing in First grade at all, until he can get his match fitness up enough to be able to start at PL standard.

I would like to See Norrie get a run in first grade as he can play 2nd Row and Prop, was an Australian schoolboy that won MOM against Great Britain when they played over there a year or so back.

Simon

Juniors
I hope they don't bring Jensen in for Bailey. It's not that I don't rate Jensen, I just think we need a prop. The last time we went into a game back row heavy and with hardly any props was when we got flogged by Melbourne. We were hammered in the forwards that day. I hope Brown remembers that when picking the replacement.