What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Sterlo was born in QLD but I think he played his first "senior" footy in NSW, however I do remember reading somewhere that Steve Rogers was actually eligible for QLD again because of the first senior footy rule. Don't quote me on this one though

shadow grinder

First Grade
I actually got mixed up. my apologies.

inglis has done great at fullback, but i think slater has earnt the spot...but slater will need to improve, towards the back end of 2005 he lacked intensity and urgency.

LESStar58

Referee
Ingliss is a very talented player. Yes, he mainly played his football at fullback. I remember him defusing quite a few bombs after slater went off injured against the Warriors.

The way I see it theres no reason they can't alternate between centre and fullback.

Inglis played Juniors for Bowraville one the Mid North Coast of NSW before moving to play Seniors at Macksville as Bowraville has no seniors. He should be NSW but he was signed to Norths in Qld so maybe that counts for something not sure.
Going by the rules people like Daryl Halligan and Matthew Ridge should ahve able to play for NSW but played for Kiwis as they were born there so looks like there is no rules and it's up to the players themselves.

White Poiner

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Would you like to show us where you gathered those facts? I dont know for sure, but Im pretty sure he has only played centre in the NRL once, against the Bulldogs last year possibly?

While he was playing for Norths in the QLD cup he was a superstar at fullback and I dont think his game would adapt well to the centres very well at all. Same could be said about the wing.

Do you think Peachey could have played centres or wing well? Of course not, and they are from a very similar mould - although Inglis will be much better in the long run.

He has a hell of a long way to go before he is that good.

MONY

Juniors
he probably already is better than peachey..... Inglis can actually run forward.

MONY

Juniors
Peachey is skinny and scared to be tackled, he runs sideways and backwards, he is slow to get to the ball, he runs to over the dead ball line when scoring a try, and he is slow.....

Inglis has pace, strength, is excellent under the high ball, can kick goals, knows where the tryline is, and he actually runs forward..

so no i'm not kidding or stupid........cheers

timmeah

Juniors
Wait to you see you him kick. Then this argument will get even more intense. I think he may have even played lower aged rep for Queensland than u19s. Qld Cup supporters have had a head start on NSW supporters about this one. Baring injuries and a pressure meltdown this is a special one. I saw him kick a drop kick restart that went 80m last year playing for Norths.

Mr Saab

Referee
MONY said:
he probably already is better than peachey..... Inglis can actually run forward.

peachey in his 1st few yrs was good, but then he went soft and alweays passed to his winger off kick returns.
In time Inglis will be better than him.

Meanie

Juniors
timmeah said:
Wait to you see you him kick. Then this argument will get even more intense. I think he may have even played lower aged rep for Queensland than u19s. Qld Cup supporters have had a head start on NSW supporters about this one. Baring injuries and a pressure meltdown this is a special one. I saw him kick a drop kick restart that went 80m last year playing for Norths.

I remember in a semi final last year against I think it was the Cowobys he put up one of the most towering bombs I've ever seen.

Surandy

Bench
Meanie said:
I remember in a semi final last year against I think it was the Cowobys he put up one of the most towering bombs I've ever seen.

Man, that kick was awesome! It went very high indeed!!!

Penrith fan

Juniors
Hard to know how bad it was. His was more a push and shove I think with his then girlfriend and future wife Sally Robinson, it was more of an open hand slap.

Greg Inglis escaped a conviction and completed a diversion order after accepting responsibility for an open-hand push against his on on-again, off-again partner Sally Robinson whom he then married and divorced 7 years later after 2 kids.

Booze was not his friend. But then again, it isn't most people's friend.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Yes, actually Booze is the no 1 culprit in many cases.

Anyway, Sally married him afterwards, so it was more a lover's tiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.