What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrith fan

Juniors

In Australia, alcohol is estimated to be involved in between 23 percent and 65 percent of all family violence incidents reported to police.​

Bazal

Post Whore

In Australia, alcohol is estimated to be involved in between 23 percent and 65 percent of all family violence incidents reported to police.​

Cool. Where does it say it's the root cause?

The argument isn't that alcohol can't be a factor. You're the one using it to excuse domestic violence. I'd be interested to hear why you're so keen to defend beating wives

Vlad59

Juniors

The argument isn't that alcohol can't be a factor. You're the one using it to excuse domestic violence. I'd be interested to hear why you're so keen to defend beating wives

Just a bit of context here to your ‘beating wives’ comment.

Penrith fan

Juniors

Somewhere between 1 in 4 and 7 in 10 men are inebriated when they commit domestic violence. These are shockingly damning statistics of the effect that alcohol has on our society.

Relevant alcohol effects include a reduction in cognitive and physical functions that impair self-control, with the consequent effect of reducing the ability to resolve conflicts nonviolently. Further, excessive drinking by one partner can exacerbate financial difficulties, childcare problems, infidelity, or other family stressors.

In addition, individual and societal beliefs that alcohol promotes aggression can encourage violent behaviour after drinking. Studies of intimate partner violence have regularly identified recent consumption of alcohol by perpetrators.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Of course PenrithGPT be defending women bashers and blaming booze.
Mr Shaman,

the two are not mutually exclusive. 7 out of 10 times statistically on average, they are the same thing. You need to acknowledge what a terribly destructive drug that alcohol is in our community. Every year alcohol misuse is involved in 7 out of 10 domestic violence cases, increased criminal justice and law enforcement expenses, decreased work productivity and increased health care costs.

Only an alcoholic would defend alcohol.

Alcohol Kills More People Than All Other Drugs Combined.​

soc123_au

Staff member
Somewhere between 1 in 4 and 7 in 10 men are inebriated when they commit domestic violence. These are shockingly damning statistics of the effect that alcohol has on our society.

Relevant alcohol effects include a reduction in cognitive and physical functions that impair self-control, with the consequent effect of reducing the ability to resolve conflicts nonviolently. Further, excessive drinking by one partner can exacerbate financial difficulties, childcare problems, infidelity, or other family stressors.

In addition, individual and societal beliefs that alcohol promotes aggression can encourage violent behaviour after drinking. Studies of intimate partner violence have regularly identified recent consumption of alcohol by perpetrators.
I dont have statistics, but I'd be pretty comfortable betting that 95 men out of 100 that get maggoted have never raised a hand at a woman. If it's in you to be a coward wife basher then it's in you, the alcohol would just grease the wheel so to speak.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Mr Shaman,

the two are not mutually exclusive. 7 out of 10 times statistically on average, they are the same thing. You need to acknowledge what a terribly destructive drug that alcohol is in our community. Every year alcohol misuse is involved in 7 out of 10 domestic violence cases, increased criminal justice and law enforcement expenses, decreased work productivity and increased health care costs.

Only an alcoholic would defend alcohol.

Alcohol Kills More People Than All Other Drugs Combined.​

100/100 times the issue is that a deadshit is involved.

Vlad59

Juniors
I dont have statistics, but I'd be pretty comfortable betting that 95 men out of 100 that get maggoted have never raised a hand at a woman. If it's in you to be a coward wife basher then it's in you, the alcohol would just grease the wheel so to speak.
Alcohol often isn’t the issue anyway. Some men just do this regularly.

Penrith fan

Juniors

Of course, alcohol use in and of itself is not sufficient for a man to commit acts of domestic violence.

It is clear alcohol plays a huge part in domestic violence and this should be highlighted throughout the world.

In truth, alcohol in the context of sexual and domestic violence are integral to the actions used by many perpetrators of violence and abuse.

The other types of factors contributing to domestic violence appear to be biochemical, genetic, psychological, and environmental in nature.

In spite of decades of evidence to show that the use of alcohol increases the severity of violence towards victim-survivors (shown in more than 40 per cent of domestic homicide cases), both the drug and alcohol sector and the domestic violence sector remain stubbornly siloed.

Status
Not open for further replies.