What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group C Matches (Argentina, Netherlands, Serbia, Ivory Coast)

C.P

Juniors
Should be a good match. Depends on how many reserves both sides give a run. Argentina have a huge bench so wouldnt be surprised to see guys like Tevez, Messi & Aimar get a good chunk of playing time.
Argentina 2-1 for me

mickdo

Coach
This should be a corker! Not sure whether to set the alarm for 4.55am or to try and make a night of it! :D

Zack DLR

Juniors
Im with you Mick... I think Portugal Mexico will be a cracker as well...

But I think my body will only be able to withstand losing 2 hours sleep tonight, not 4.

It'll have to be the Netherlands Argentina match.

Just out of interest, does anyone know whether SBS has been giving the result of the non televised game at full time, i.e., just before they televise the delayed coverage?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Zack DLR said:
Im with you Mick... I think Portugal Mexico will be a cracker as well...

But I think my body will only be able to withstand losing 2 hours sleep tonight, not 4.

It'll have to be the Netherlands Argentina match.

Just out of interest, does anyone know whether SBS has been giving the result of the non televised game at full time, i.e., just before they televise the delayed coverage?
No they havent. However when something is on the line (qualification not yet decided) you can tell from the demeanour of the players what is happening in the other matches.

Munky

Coach
I assume they will give us updates of the Brazil - Japan match since nobody actually give a flying f**k about the game only the result and what it means for Australia.

Macca_

Coach
They aren't and won't be giving away the results during the first game.

As Tommy said though, if a result matters you'll know it from the crowd and th eplayers whats going on elsewhere.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
i'll go for a 1-1 draw

don't think it will really matter too much about who finishes first - this group will cross over into the group of pissweak, where i'm expecting that they will be too strong for either mexico or portugal.

forget all the hoo haa about how this will be the game of the tournament.

it's now Italy v Czech Republic

depending on what Ghana do to the USA, one of these sides will be knocked out or one of them may have to face brazil in the next round.
it's the finals come early.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Portugal are a very talented team who could beat either of Argentina or the Dutch on their day. Dont discount them, im sure Scholari will get them firing.

Moffo

Referee
portugal have played sh*t so far though

the dutchies will get up 2-1. I like the dutchies, good team

Macca_

Coach
Like expected it really failed to get going.

Would have been a similar game without the changes to both sides.

Both teams showed they'll be very hard to break down in the big games.

Argentina will have no trouble with Mexico. Holland and Portugal should be a very good game.

Macca_

Coach
S&M got 2 goals in the opening 20 minutes.

Ivory Coast just equalised from the spot after (on the second attempt after a player entered the box early) a defender handballed exactly the same as Marquez did for Mexico. Crazy stuff.

2-1 not even the 'alf yet.