What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gunco

strider

Post Whore
I am really warming to having him partner Norman in the halves next year.

Watching the replay of last night, some of his work with the ball and putting players away was top notch. If a bigger name had of put some of those moves on people would have been raving over it. And his defense is very solid - i agree with BA that a pair of biggish halves would have its advanatges

He does look a bit unconventional at times ... and he's got a shocking haircut ... but he reminds me of corey norman a few years back and corey has developed nicely. I wouldnt put it past Gutho developing a bit of a kicking game.

Gronk

Staff member
Needs work to make his passes crisp and some depth with his kicking, but agree he's got massive upside.

Yeah that haircut ...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Love the Guth Bus, he just keeps improving.

BA said he is the first to training and the last to leave. I wouldn't put it past him to develop a handy kicking game. Gets early ball to our centres which is what we need.

84 Baby

Referee
From an outsider who has never seen one of their training sessions, I'd say him & Kenny E have been our most important players through this crapshoot season and looking to the comeback next year. They appear to have been the glue for the squad to keep focused on playing somewhat good football

Happy MEel

First Grade
Completely agree. For someone that was handed the 6 jersey mid season due to a lack of options, he has been mighty impressive.

He could be anything with a full preseason training in the halves. The main thing I like about Guth is that he provides a genuine threat on his side of the field. With Normie on the other side, the opposition are going to have to spread themselves thin marking up both sides of the field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
From an outsider who has never seen one of their training sessions, I'd say him & Kenny E have been our most important players through this crapshoot season and looking to the comeback next year. They appear to have been the glue for the squad to keep focused on playing somewhat good football
They certainly bring some energy to the crew.

ash411

Bench
Just watching Kenny last night, He's a gap magnet, sure most of them closed up by the time he got there, but it seemed like every time he got his hands on the ball he darted straight at a gap. Plus I love his on field attitude...

84 Baby

Referee
[QUOTE="ash411, post: 11753033, member: 15535"Plus I love his on field attitude...[/QUOTE]
Except for the blatant dives & 'bad hammys'

The Colonel

Immortal
I was excited to see Guth come to the club. Thought he would find a home at fullback originally but while he has some to learn he certainly has shown enough to warrant giving him the six jersey next year. He is a competitor and that ball through the line last night after throwing the dummy at the defence was bloody good.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we're going to go with Gutherson in the halves then both he and Norman need to improve their kicking game. I'd consider getting in a halves and kicking coach, maybe someone like Kimmorley could be handy on the coaching staff for a while.

Suitman

Post Whore
prefer him in the centre but we may not get a better option in the halves so we make do with him

there are worse options

Agreed.
Take the G out of the thread title and that is the way Gutherson looks at times.
But there is just something about him that I like.
He'll be ok for us.

forward pass

Coach
Just watching Kenny last night, He's a gap magnet, sure most of them closed up by the time he got there, but it seemed like every time he got his hands on the ball he darted straight at a gap. Plus I love his on field attitude...

yeah - and great to see the medico's have got his leg cramps sorted out. Hasn't had an issue with it the last few weeks.