What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 09/10 :: R2 Fri :: Central Coast 1 Newcastle 1 @ Bluetongue

HAL R2 result :: Central Coast vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Stats, Facts & Milestones
The Mariners will be aiming to avoid creating a new club record for most consecutive losses at home – having lost their last three home matches.
Newcastle Jets are aiming to avoid a similar record having lost their previous five matches away – never before have the Jets lost six consecutive matches on the road.

HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORDS in all official competitions
All matches (played 17): Central Coast Mariners wins 5, Newcastle Jets wins 6 (6 draws).
In Gosford (played 8): Central Coast Mariners wins 3, Newcastle Jets wins 1 (4 draws)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Sorry my bad, I got confused. I'm sure he meant cardboard box inside a caravan. My sincere apologies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can anyone explain to me how someone can practically pick someone up inside the box, throw them to the ground, and it's play on? FMD refs are scared of deciding matches with penalty kicks...

fish eel

Immortal
I must have missed that watching and missed the fox sports commentators blowing up about it???

fish eel

Immortal
The only penalty shout I remember is when Simon went down in the box in the first half in a tangle with Lubo? Hard to say that was a penalty though.

The game started well but was pretty dire after CCM's equaliser.

Penalty shouts or no penalties, Mrdja muffed a golden chance late in the game and Dylan Macallister likewise in the first half.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bojic's free kick was especially embarrassing.

Am I right in remembering that Song got a yellow for diving? Song and dance :crazy:

Broncodr01d

Juniors
A great night, it's a shame we couldn't win this one, though the draw is better than no result (thanks Captain Obvious). My wife and I with out friends in the Western Stand really enjoyed the night. It was great to be back at Blue Tongue Stadium watching football to lead off Round 2 of the HAL against hated rivals Newcastle.

I was a little disappointed in the crowd. I thought we would see more there for this one. The Newcastle fans were good, always provide a good atmosphere.

Alot of the talking points I can see have been covered, it's all been said. I will focus on the fact we remain undefeated and content in the face we played really well.

Bring on Sydney and Johnny A!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bojic's free kick was especially embarrassing.

Am I right in remembering that Song got a yellow for diving? Song and dance :crazy:
One of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen in a long time. He jumped the Mariners' players leg, so he wouldn't get collected ffs, and gets a yellow for it? The referees' a racist.

A great night, it's a shame we couldn't win this one, though the draw is better than no result (thanks Captain Obvious). My wife and I with out friends in the Western Stand really enjoyed the night. It was great to be back at Blue Tongue Stadium watching football to lead off Round 2 of the HAL against hated rivals Newcastle.

I was a little disappointed in the crowd. I thought we would see more there for this one. The Newcastle fans were good, always provide a good atmosphere.

Alot of the talking points I can see have been covered, it's all been said. I will focus on the fact we remain undefeated and content in the face we played really well.

Bring on Sydney and Johnny A!
The crowd was terrible, when you consider Tim was laughing at us for only getting 6 and a half k for our game against the Phoenix last week. We don't turn up last night and you only get around the same figure for a local derby :crazy:

And yes, Newcastle fans are always good :cool:

fish eel

Immortal
One of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen in a long time. He jumped the Mariners' players leg, so he wouldn't get collected ffs, and gets a yellow for it?

No, it was a dive. Good decision.

The referees' a racist.

It was a dive and clearly you're an idiot.

The crowd was terrible, when you consider Tim was laughing at us for only getting 6 and a half k for our game against the Phoenix last week. We don't turn up last night and you only get around the same figure for a local derby :crazy:

And yes, Newcastle fans are always good :cool:

I thought the crowd was only marginally down on the derby there last year?

Perhaps if the Mariners didnt play such ugly football they might draw more people.

Or perhaps 6-7k is their core crowd?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
No, it was a dive. Good decision.
Clearly you need to look at the replay and take note of where the Mariners' defender's leg was and where Song was headed. If he doesn't go to jump his leg, he gets collected anyway. So clearly, you're the idiot.

fish eel

Immortal
Clearly you need to look at the replay and take note of where the Mariners' defender's leg was and where Song was headed. If he doesn't go to jump his leg, he gets collected anyway.

I saw it on TV.

Take your jets goggles off.

So clearly, you're the idiot.

You're the one crying racist :lol:

Latest posts