What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of Fame and Immortals

Actually on reflection, I think that the Hall of Fame and Immortals should include not only Australians and New Zealanders (just recently included) but also British players who played for Australian clubs.

The Hall of Fame list of British players would be quite extensive because only good players were imported. But for Immortals I would say Dick Huddart (St George) Malcolm Reilly (Manly), Ellery Hanley (Balmain) and Gary Schofield (Balmain) would be strong candidates. Hanley would be a shoe in.

Actually on reflection, I think that the Hall of Fame and Immortals should include not only Australians and New Zealanders (just recently included) but also British players who played for Australian clubs.

The Hall of Fame list of British players would be quite extensive because only good players were imported. But for Immortals I would say Dick Huddart (St George) Malcolm Reilly (Manly), Ellery Hanley (Balmain) and Gary Schofield (Balmain) would be strong candidates. Hanley would be a shoe in.

Yeah well they aren't. Reilly, Hanley and Schofield are all ineligible as they don't meet the second eligibility criteria, which is -

"2. Individual must have played the majority of their elite rugby league career in Australia."

This article makes it very clear on that score - https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/23...rs-in-line-for-future-hall-of-fame-inclusion/

JJ

Immortal

I'm sure those making the decisions are monitoring your posts very closely

Latest posts