What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hampstead you joke

Freak

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
aqua_duck said:
The Tonie Carroll call was atrocious, basically got a penalty for being clumsy, Fittler had nothing to do with him stacking it and dropping the ball.
No exaggeration, that was the worst call ALL YEAR. I just couldnt believe it when i saw the reply. Freddy was a yard away from Carroll with his hands in the air when he lost it!! Unbelievable!!

Spot on tommy!!
I don't think MR Bean was shocking but I think he did enough to suggest he won't be there come SOO3.

Apart from this huge blatent error, he had to go to the video on the Carlaw match winner!! Im not saying it wasn't or was a try but there was too many possibilities and he was not in control. A poor decision not to go to the video!! :roll:

I agree with the rake on Tonie Carrol, but the one on Webcke was clearly punched out of his hands. It was just stupid play, (I actually thought Buderus hit it out). As for the possible Slater obstruction. He didn't move, and Gidley knew he couldn't get there so he STOOD behind him pointing to him. He wasn't impeded, he was just buggered and thought it was worth a try to get an obstruction called.

Everyone usually complains about going to the video too much, then when a ref makes a decision, which IMO was correct, people still whinge. Hampstead was ok I thought, and the better team one. The reason NSW weren't further up at half time was due to QLD effort and determination in defence

mickdo

Coach
Hamster was very average at best. He gave some absolute howlers of penalties against both sides, and missed more obvious ones. I don't really think it changed the result, but that's no excuse. He's crap. Get rid of him.

ozbash

Referee
I think Slater was off side when he went up for the ball and then Carlaw scored. He should've checked that and obstruction with the video ref.
agree, but shouldnt the touchy have let him know.

i thought hampster had a great game,, none of the ego b/s we have been used to.

gaterooze

Bench
dodge said:
gaterooze said:
Look, I'm a Blue so no bias here:

Both tries were a-okay.

Umm, do you wanna back that up mate? You've done nothing to disprove any statements made by us who are calling for Mr Bean's head, all you've done is snuggle up to the QLD supporters. Care to show us a reason why the tries were legit?

Slater's try -- he was onside. Simple as that.

Carlaw's try -- again, Slater was onside so that's not an issue. As to the obstruction -- WHAT OBSTRUCTION? Carlaw didn't run behind one of his own players in the defensive line, he ran BESIDE them, and those players DID NOT MOVE, so how could they be penalised? Read the rules. That play was completely legal. If you think otherwise, please quote the appropriate section of the rulebook which QLD violated.

As to the rest of it, I won't deny that couple of Hampstead's penalties were boners (hey, I was screaming at the TV like everyone else -- it's part of the game!), but they had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Yes, the Tonie Carroll/Willi Mason strip was nonsense, but I recall QLD having a very similar call go against them in the first half.

Oh, and as to the Steve Price 'not 6 again' call -- in all honesty, that SHOULD have been a penalty to QLD because Freddie clearly held Pricey back. So NSW actually got off light there.

Just get over it and look forward to Game 3 where we'll crush the Cane Toads! We should have Gower back, and maybe the "Big 3" Dragons in Barrett, Timmins and Ryles.

j_tig

Juniors
first of all im a blues supporter.
hampstead was hopeless!!! i noticed many questionable calls that went qlds way, and probably ignored the ones that went nsws way or justified them by 'evening the score'
he cannot be put back in for the third origin! just not up to it, if only for the fittler 'strip' where freddy might as well have been sitting in the stands he was that far away when carrol dropped it!!!
congrats qld, nsw lost more because of the maroons efforts and their inability top convert pressure into points than from hampsteads bungling!

The Q Facor

Juniors
Frustrated Fan said:
If you Qld supporters take the emotion out of it and assess the referees performance, you will realise that NSW clearly were dudded. NSW clearly outplayed Qld in the first half and should have been leading by 12-18 points at half time.

The Steve Price (didn't play at it) call v's the (six again) call leading up to the Willie Tonga try, sums it all up. In the 2nd half Hindmarsh did exactly the same thing as Steve Price and he ruled six again.

The hands in the ruck call against Willie Mason was criminal.

The fact that he quickly ruled "TRY" without going to the video referee for the Dane Carlaw try despite pleas from the NSW players, proves in my mind that it was a corrupt refereeing performance.

I would like to put it to the ARL and Shaun Hampstead why any punter, who put their hard earned money on NSW, doesn't have cause to be seethingly upset and have reason to sue.

I'm all set to give up following Rugby League because of crap like that.

Its bullsh*t!!!!

OK.......see ya later!!

You roaches make me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You roaches can bitch, moan and complain all you want, it won't change a thing. The win is on the board.
Sets it up for a huge third game!! BRING IT ON..can't wait!!

king nick

Juniors
As an impartial. NZer who couldnt give a f***.

I thought Hamstead had a reasonable game up until the 65th minute where he gave 2 crowd-induced, result-infulenced descisions ever. Firstly that penalty when the ball wass tripped. Bullshit it was lost and he gaveQLD a peanlty. Then Carlaw's try. Well f*** if that didnt deserve at least a chec on interference what does. Bullshit. Pity that one of the greatest games of league turned into a shit one, becuase of some biased prick.

skeepe

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
aqua_duck said:
The Tonie Carroll call was atrocious, basically got a penalty for being clumsy, Fittler had nothing to do with him stacking it and dropping the ball.
No exaggeration, that was the worst call ALL YEAR. I just couldnt believe it when i saw the reply. Freddy was a yard away from Carroll with his hands in the air when he lost it!! Unbelievable!!

I've got an even worse one for you. First half, tackle completed, Queensland player stands up, tackled NSW player for reasons known only to himself rolls forward on the ground with nobody near him. Result: penalty NSW.

mickdo

Coach
skeepe said:
Tommy Smith said:
aqua_duck said:

I've got an even worse one for you. First half, tackle completed, Queensland player stands up, tackled NSW player for reasons known only to himself rolls forward on the ground with nobody near him. Result: penalty NSW.
Exactly. Hampstead was crap. He has to go.

[furrycat]

Coach
dodge said:
Carlaw try - despite Slater's little "Oh my hands are in the air, I'm innocent" - he clearly was obstructing any chance Gidley had at stopping Carlaw. Disgraceful calls all night for both sides, uneven in favour of QLD IMO. Mander should be considered seriously for Game III

Carlaw didn't run around the back of Slater at all, he ran forward, Gidley could have avoided him but he stood there to milk a penalty, the refs saw different... It was fine.

Latest posts