What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Both Matthews and Ball had wins today both were broadcast on NSWRL TV.

I didn’t see any of the Matthews game but got the opportunity to watch the SG Ball. We were awful in the first half, Manly led 20-12 at the break, should have been 20-6 but we scored right at the end of the half. Clearly, improved in the second half and ran out comfortable winners 30-20 in the end. I know little about any of the Ball players, there were a few who looked half decent but probably have to see them a few more times to identify any who may have a future.

Kilkenny

Coach
Watching the Ball game there was a bit to like I thought about the front rower Lurton Putea (not just his two tries), Hudson Brown back rower looked good and the captain and half back Luke Hanson has a really good running game albeit did have some not so good moments in the first half.

I don’t think the coach would have been overjoyed with the overall performance but the fact they we able to come from behind and win comfortably was decent in the end.

Iamback

Coach
Watching the Ball game there was a bit to like I thought about the front rower Lurton Putea (not just his two tries), Hudson Brown back rower looked good and the captain and half back Luke Hanson has a really good running game albeit did have some not so good moments in the first half.

I don’t think the coach would have been overjoyed with the overall performance but the fact they we able to come from behind and win comfortably was decent in the end.

They did the same last year, toyed with some teams.

Luron is one of the guys they got across from Rugby

ALX25

Bench
NSWCCC U15
Kordell Pritchard
Cruz Culshaw-Luke
Alexander Pupualii
Coby Raven
Charlie Xuereb *
Liam Powderly *
Cornelius Pupualii

NSWCHS U15
Talmage Brown

NSWCIS U15
Ethan Gregory *
Erastus Roberts *

*not named in Emerging Panthers Squad

NSWCCC U15
Kordell Pritchard
Cruz Culshaw-Luke
Alexander Pupualii
Coby Raven
Charlie Xuereb *
Liam Powderly *
Cornelius Pupualii

NSWCHS U15
Talmage Brown

NSWCIS U15
Ethan Gregory *
Erastus Roberts *

*not named in Emerging Panthers Squad
The reason Charlie Xuereb is not named in the emerging panther is because he plays in the under 14 competition.

ALX25

Bench
2024 Junior Reps Summer Squads
SB BALL (Under-19s)

Alema Seualuga, Brandon Kopp, Cameron Robertson, Cohen Benson, Cooper Hale, Danny Johnstone, David Afu, Ej Vaoliko Savesi, George Mapuilesua, Harrison Bull, Harry Wald, Hayden Brown, Henri Young, Hokafonu Lemoto, Jack Attard, Jack Tierney, Jackson Mcbain, James Fernando, Jayden Schokman, Joshua Gavan, Josiah Vahaakolo-Fifita, Julius Pula, Karlos Kavapalu, Kobi Walsh, Kye Raven, Liam Perram, Marcus Patiole-Johnson, Marika Korovou, Mitchell Hayes, Mitchell Heather, Ollie Seu, Ramese Samuelu-Lesa, Rererangi Tutavake, Riley Allen, Riley Barglik, Samuel Sherlock, Semisi Faasisila , Thomas Vanegas, Tua Patea, Tully Howell, Tyson Kunkel, Viliami Moata'Ane, Vonughzell Leota
Head Coach – Scott Thompson

HAROLD MATTHEWS (Under-17s)
Alexander Pupualii, Asa Visesio, Boston Lauvao, Caleb Wright, Cameron Bamblett, Carter Saua, Cedric Peti Tafola, Charbel Kheirallah, Christian Taupau-Moors, Christopher Petrus, Coby Raven, Cooper Flood, Cornelius Pupualii, Cruze-Zinzan Culshaw-Luke, Hayden Gill, Heinz Lemoto, Hunter Bell, Isaiah Wynbergen Titoko, Jahziah Palmer-Vaivao, Jayden Carter, Jhett Sydir, Jodeci Vahaakolo-Fifita, Joser Pomale, Josiah Toleafoa, Kees Muller, Kingston Siracusa, Lachlan Wraight, Leo-Stipe Latu, Liam Powderly, Marcellus Iakopo, Nathanial Tolu, Preston Talamaivao, Roman Tuaimau, Samuel Kopp, Senetanari Sene-Lefao Seu, Siloama Tutavake, Steven Whalan, Taj Jelacic, Talmage Brown, Tanner Crook, Tevita Havili, Tyrone Moeroa, Tyrone Campbell, Zackary Fitzgerald, Zane Farr-Mckay, Zhaoquin-Pani Tupulua
Head Coach – Kyle Churchill

See: https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2023/08/29/junior-reps-summer-squads/

ALX25

Bench
Junior rep trials next Saturday v Bulldogs.

Updated times via Panthers Juniors:

Thursday 7 December
Harold Matts VS Bulldogs
6PM, Parker Street

SG Ball VS Bulldogs
7:45PM, Parker Street

Friday 8 December
Emerging Panthers U16 VS Dolphins U16
7:30PM, St Marys Stadium

Saturday 9 December
Emerging Panthers U15 VS Western Cubs U15
10:30AM, Blayney

Tarsha Gale VS Western Cubs
12:00PM, Blayney

Note - Lisa Fiaola have a trial next Friday not this weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
Harold Matt’s overall score Panthers 9 tries v Bulldogs 4 tries. Played in 4 x 22 minute quarters. There was supposed to be two distinct sides although it didn’t appear that way. Anyway overall we were clearly better even if it was a game with a high mistake rate.

SG Ball score after first two quarters was Panthers 1 try v Bulldogs 4 tries. Again 4 x 22 minute quarters. I left at HT hopefully the stronger of the two Panthers SG Ball sides were playing the second two quarters because they were cLearly 2nd best in the first part.

I have posted photos I took of the respective sides / teams appearing tonight. Don’t know how accurate they were.

Last edited:

Latest posts