What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Eden

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I read with shock, in the latest St George Leagues Club journal, yesterday that Dragons legend Harry Eden has been diagnosed with melanoma which has spread to his lungs and liver.

Harry is a tough bastard still at 61. You see him all the time down at south Cronulla and he has the body of a 20 year old (a fit one that is).

Anyway I just wanted to say he is an ornament to the game. I last watched him at Jubilee early in the year playing the American Tomahawks and he had a great dig.

I'm sure all Sharks supporters wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Anonymous

Juniors
I heard he wasn't well at the St George Leagues Club late in the season. And OVP confirmed it here not long back.

It is indeed a great shock that someone so fit can suddenly fall ill.

Harry Eden played for St George in the 1971 grand final against Souths.

Best wishes to Harry and and his family.

OVP

Coach
Rex said:
Willow, has OVP invited you to the Christmas do?

I seriously doubt its on this year mate. It might be tho ... Harry is a tough bastard and there's no way it'll stand in the way of a good party. I have to be honest, i've been too scared to ring Carol (his wife) because i simply dont want to lose him. He's like the rock of our family ... and its a big one. He's one of 16 kids so you can imagine how many cousins are in the family :). To lose him would be hideous.

But i'll let you know if it is on Rex ... you are most welcome btw. IF you are a Saints fan then Harry will love ya :)

OVP

Coach
Btw i just spoke to Harry just then. He said there was no change from his original diagnosis and it is NOT spreading and doesnt even need chemo just yet. But he said if it starts spreading then he'll need to undergo chemo straight away. So if there's anyone who can beat it, its him. The doctor said he's so fit, that chemo at this stage is pointless and his own body is keeping it from spreading. There's a good reason to keep fit right there huh.

Rexxy

Coach
OVP said:
Btw i just spoke to Harry just then. He said there was no change from his original diagnosis and it is NOT spreading and doesnt even need chemo just yet. But he said if it starts spreading then he'll need to undergo chemo straight away. So if there's anyone who can beat it, its him. The doctor said he's so fit, that chemo at this stage is pointless and his own body is keeping it from spreading. There's a good reason to keep fit right there huh.

Great news OVP. Give him our best.