What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler and Bulldogs part ways

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
What's funny is Dib seems to be in damage control and trying to save his job. Dib was the guy who resigned hasler so clearly must of been mates/friends at some point. As the pressure from others came, he flipped and to save his job, he doubled down to basically threaten hasler to show he's in charge. I feel Dibs days are numbered and I hope I'm right.

mongoose

Coach
I still think hasler, Macguire and Henry are better than some of the other coaches who currently have clubs (Mcgregor, Kearney, Griffin... probably Brown as well although he is doing a solid job.)

Who's saying it's a total failure?

His inability to change game plans, poor recruitment and awful player contracts is why he is out on his ass.

If that was the case then they shouldn't of had that extension placed through. Amateur hour and coming from my own Club that's saying something. Doggies are gonna slide....

Barkley

Bench
If that was the case then they shouldn't of had that extension placed through. Amateur hour and coming from my own Club that's saying something. Doggies are gonna slide....
Completely agree...Des should never had been offered an extension. Des and the board have made some very poor decisions over the last few years and the clubs handling of this situation is just another example.

I don't think we will slide, although that depends on who else we need to offload. I think under a new coach we will finish in about the same spot as this year. No doubt it will take some time to get our salary cap in order.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Surely Jason Smith (yes, that f#$ker no one has heard of) and Jarrod "Phil" McCracken should be considered for the coaching position as they too have the same "Bulldog" qualities as Dean Pay and Jim Dymock, and fully understood the Bulldog culture when all four of them turned their backs on the team and club back in 1995.

Nothing like bulldog kulcha.

AJB1102

First Grade
Fifita is after them too apparently.

If its true Sharks are after Morris twins then the Doggies could be easing up the Sharks' cap pressure significantly.

Personally I'll be happy to see the Bulldogs unravel and spend a few years on the shit heap. Thanks Des.

They'll get it together but and unfortunately whoop some arse I'd reckon. Good on the mongrels, I spose..

Barkley

Bench
Its officially official.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/09/28/bulldogs_appoint_dea.html

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today announced Dean Pay as the new Head Coach of the club for the next two seasons.

Pay, has a strong connection with the Bulldogs, having played 108 games for the club between 1989-1995, including being part of the 1995 Premiership winning side.

He also had a strong Representative career, playing for New South Wales in 12 State of Origin matches, in addition to 9 Test matches for Australia.

Pay's coaching background is just as impressive.

Having been Assistant Coach under Kevin Walters at the Catalans Dragons in 2009, he was then U20 Coach with the Storm, under Craig Bellamy between 2010-12, followed by Assistant Coaching roles at Parramatta (2013) and Canberra (2014-Present).

Pay's Representative coaching record with the New South Wales State of Origin Under 20's is exemplary, having won all 5 series that he coached in between 2012-16.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib was delighted with the appointment: "We are extremely happy to have been able to secure the services of Dean Pay for the next two seasons. Dean, is a Bulldogs man through and through and someone who totally understands the history and tradition of the club. He was an outstanding player with the club and has carried that over into his coaching career, where he has worked under some excellent coaches, as well as showing that he can lead from the front with his superb record with the NSW Under 20's side. We want to bring back the Bulldogs culture of old and feel strongly that Dean is the man to do this."

Pay was excited at what lies ahead: "It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for. Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I’m looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud."

Latest posts