What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler and the Dogs - What happened?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No it's a sign of the future, and what his player retention will bring us
I keep seeing this insistence that it was all Des's fault and the club somehow erred by "letting Josh go".
While it sucks for our club, the fact remains the Wests Tigers threw overs at him to leave, and he made the best decision for him and his family.

He might be 'the heart of the club' but if he's taking up most of our salary cap on his own then what's the point? We'd have needed to let a host of other players go and rely on fringe players (moreso than now) moving forward.
#BulldogsBoycott
No.

Stagger Lee

Bench
How many years do the Morris twins have on their contracts? I would love to see them back home at St. George with the Dogs still paying most of their wages.

mxlegend99

Referee
How many years do the Morris twins have on their contracts? I would love to see them back home at St. George with the Dogs still paying most of their wages.
Have you seen them lately? A good Origin game aside. Neither is a shadow of the players they were 2 years ago.

I think they will be solid at best in future.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Have you seen them lately? A good Origin game aside. Neither is a shadow of the players they were 2 years ago.

I think they will be solid at best in future.

Oh I agree, and they are not worth the money the dogs are paying Brett for sure ( I have no idea on the Josh contract) but they could still do a job for us on a wing if we could get them back at a heavily discounted price and it would free up some money for the dogs to develop a couple of their own.

Zadar

Juniors
Making the finals 12 years running might have something to do with it.

If people think making the 8 in a comp where half the teams can make it is an achievement, well then some clubs really have it wrong, teams can make the 8 by having a better for an against, by losing more games than they have won, and by not being affected by origin. They are usually the teams that are bundled out week 1 anyway.

Not the teams fault I guess, but the greedy NRL money grab at any cost to put on an extra finals game. Origin is the other example of this, they say they have player welfare as there #1 concern, yet two and three days after origin they have the majority of players trying to back up.

TheFrog

Coach
If people think making the 8 in a comp where half the teams can make it is an achievement
I think 12 years running certainly is.

50% of teams making the finals keeps interest alive for a lot more fans right up to the end, and is a good thing for that reason.

Zadar

Juniors
I think 12 years running certainly is.

50% of teams making the finals keeps interest alive for a lot more fans right up to the end, and is a good thing for that reason.

Why not have a top 10 then? AFL are thinking of having 10 teams compete in the finals, so the NRL will probably think it is a good idea too. Also every 4 yrs the bottom placed team should get a wildcard spot in the finals, just to keep fans interested, and to watch teams 11-16 tank games to finish last.

POPEYE

Coach
Agree. Brett still has some spark, albeit with a lot less pace, and Josh is an outside back version of spuds Jackson.

Now watch them score 14 tries between them next weekend.
I've a theory that if teams don't practice flamboyancy continually the players degenerate into the lowest common denominator . . . Des coaches simplicity is best

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Ray Dib! That's what's happened. The Nrl is holding clubs to account more and more and his mafia like style isn't conducive to the new way.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Lol @ dat first page

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

#DitchtheDes

Spade

Juniors
Des is a deadset f**king moron, all reports is his too into video sessions and sport science and doesn't actually coach them; f**k the useless dickhead, f**k off, take his huge over spendings and tv screens with him and get a coach in there that'll teach them how to play football, Des can jam the video sessions up his cracker. f**king wank job.

Life's Good

Coach
Des is a deadset f**king moron, all reports is his too into video sessions and sport science and doesn't actually coach them; f**k the useless dickhead, f**k off, take his huge over spendings and tv screens with him and get a coach in there that'll teach them how to play football, Des can jam the video sessions up his cracker. f**king wank job.
I take it you aren't a fan of Dessie??

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The last 5 years the dogs have gotten by on the back of their forward pack and little else. Unfortunately for them the pack had a meeting over the off season and decided it was ok for them to get old, and the Morris boys decided "f**k yeah, give us a bit of that."

They've been very little threat despite making the 8, but this year they've completely bottomed out.

simmo05

Bench
Relax, reinforcements are on the way. Woods will toughen the joint up! And Foran will play really super direct.

Latest posts