What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler to coach in 2018

Gareth67

First Grade
It's a rumour dredged up from the Kennel forum. If you want to see a truly negative bunch of merkins look no further then that forum. What a laugh.

Tend to agree with you Brissy . As much as I would like the story to be true , I just believe that it is still far too early for the Bulldogs to let slip that Hasler is on his way out .

However , should there be some truth to the rumour , it would show that the Dragon's board , have finally seen the light of day and have started to think clearly . As would be expected of any progressive NRL club . That in itself , would be a blessing .

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
At least they added rumours to their "news".

Really. Both are on the nose with the with their clubs, both are contracted for this year. A top tier coach is available and the article advises that the Dragons are interested.

Quality piece, I could've written that tripe.

blacksafake

First Grade
Too much "leaking" of Dessie coming for my liking.It's ok to say the club is "talking" to him & the board has finally realised that a Proper coach is needed.(too much credit given to the board imo) But really it's all just rumours & of course hope, on behalf of us supporters.I have a gut feeling we will get new coach, but i'm not sure it'll be Des.

The Doc

Juniors
Its actually a true story.
I passed on what i was told months ago. Both parties shook hands and agreed to a deal for 2018.
This happend just after des was called in and almost got sacked.
Nothing was signed.... but a handshake agreement (which in my opinion isnt worth anything) occured.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I would have said it was garbage . . . but then I thought the Ben Hunt rumour was garbage as well. I am a little less skeptical these days.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have also heard from someone who knows the Cleary's that Ivan will be at the Dogs in 2018 so it may be true about Des. Cleary knocked back Dragons because of this hence why we were stuck with Mary for 2017. They thought Cleary is gone but we end up with Des in 2018 so just stick with Mary for a season and see how he goes.

Stupid thing about that is they should have rolled the dice and given Jason Demitriou the year instead of Mary. That would have been a better gamble and I am sure would have made all fans much happier than holding onto a guy that has proven to be terrible.

to_ddeath

Coach
Klemmer is signed with Dogs till end of 2020.
Is he Haslers son and allowed to follow dad like Darius Bennett ?

I can't stand Klemmer but he would be additional grunt & mongrel/intimidation I suppose. Who knows what will happen....

possm

Coach
This rumour has been around for a while now. I'm of the opinion it is true and so, I'm hoping for an announcement earlier rather than later in 2017. Klemmer most probably has an out in his contract - change of coach.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My favourite klemmer moment..

slaterkickthumb.jpg