What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we been too kind to the Goons?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
After decades of copping shit from dragon supporters over the trophy cabinet and lack of success etc I'm wondering if we have been too kind in not having returned serve over the last few days. I'm not talking about the Ronnie/Musby/Hutty/Gregster types but more the DaSoup/Sir don/JuanFarkall types who appear to have been relatively silent this week. Stuck my nose into their filthy forum last night and their focus seems to be on making sure no-one renews their 2017 memberships as a way of sending a message to the board to oust Doust/sack Mary etc. Way to go boys...that'll really help a club that's in debt up to its eyeballs. Seems to me like the fortunes of the two clubs have completely reversed over the last few years....Thoughts?

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's going to be a slow burn, 2012..

It'll be like the young calf and the bull analogy, cruise slowly down and f**k them all. ;)

After decades of copping shit from dragon supporters over the trophy cabinet and lack of success etc I'm wondering if we have been too kind in not having returned serve over the last few days. I'm not talking about the Ronnie/Musby/Hutty/Gregster types but more the DaSoup/Sir don/JuanFarkall types who appear to have been relatively silent this week. Stuck my nose into their filthy forum last night and their focus seems to be on making sure no-one renews their 2017 memberships as a way of sending a message to the board to oust Doust/sack Mary etc. Way to go boys...that'll really help a club that's in debt up to its eyeballs. Seems to me like the fortunes of the two clubs have completely reversed over the last few years....Thoughts?

I'm hearing they're not renewing because they have a better offer.

Lyall can't keep up with the Sharks 2017 memberships....

Talk about bandwagon!

Generalzod

Immortal
Wayne Bennet has cost them a lot of money is it suprising that the Knights are suffering the same way...

Cronulla Sutherland has won more Premierships than St.George/Illawarra

Cronulla Sutherland
Premierships:
First Grade - 1 (2016)
Reserve Grade – 3(1994, 1996 & 2013)*
Under 23’s - 1 (1975),
President’s Cup – 1 (1994)

Amco Cup: 1 (1979)

St.George /Illawarra
Premierships:
First grade - 1 (2010)
Reserve Grade - 1 (2001)*

*denotes only direct club association, not feeder clubs, otherwise Cronulla could include all Newtown details. Oh and St.George/Illawarra could include this years feeder club, Cutters, Reserve grade win.

The Cutters should join forces with the most powerful Southern Sydney team.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal

Re your comments on Ronnie/Musby/Hutty/Gregster. don't ever forget that they are carnnnts, but good carnnnts.

Re the others well there's always plenty of time for fishing if you feel like it just dangle a bit of bait. They are stupid enough to come in here when ever we ring the bell.

It's all fun for the goodguys these days.

This can only go in this thread:

There is a thread in the Stains forum that has gone beyond delusional and one can only imagine if we had the thoughts that this poster has how hard they would laugh at us.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/nrl-take-over-of-the-dragons.459443/

Here is the OP's first post:

"What if the NRL are part of the problem; allowing this mess to continue in order to assume control of the Club?

I've for a long time believed the NRL would like to see a restructure of some Sydney Clubs with the aim of reducing the number of NRL Clubs located in Sydney. The Dragons are in debt to the NRL, performing poorly on the field, are an administrative mess and are currently showing no idea on a way to improve this situation.

I believe the NRL are keen on implementing a 10 pont plan similar to the one deailed below in an effort to facilitate its agenda of reducing the number of Clubs operating out of Sydney:

1. Take over the administration of the St George Illawarra Club; sacking the Board in the process.

2. Relocate the entire Dragons operation to Wollongong.

3. Forgive/wipe the Dragon's $6m NRL debt and grant the franchise a gift of $10m as start-up capital.

4. Issue a licence to WIN TV for 100% ownership of the St George NRL franchise at a price of $10m..

5. Transfer all of the assests of the former joint venture to the new franchise.

6. Re-distribute the Dragons Sydney Junior Clubs between the Dogs, Roosters Sharks and Bunnies at a price of $3m for each Club.

7. Offer a NSW Govt. / NRL grant of $10m to further improve crowd capacity at Wollongong WIN Stadium.

8. Allow the new St George Club to play all home games at Wollongong Stadium.

9. Increase the new St George NRL Squad’s Salary Cap by $2m for the following 3 years and provide a grant of $6m to the new franchise for the purpose of developing juniors in their new districts.

10. Provide the new St George Club with assistance to secure 3rd party sponsorship of key players.

These are only my thoughts and opinion. Your opinion and comments are very welcome."

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is he hoping for a huge amount of NRL funding outside of what all the other clubs get?

*Wiping the debt $6m
*A "gift" of $10m
*NRL take $10m for a licence, which basically gives the license for free as per the "gift"
*$3m each for St.George based junior clubs, I mean WTFFFF???? they put bugger all cash into their crumbling junior league and expect to be paid for their faarrk ups????
*Another $10m from NSW Govt/NRL for their shyte home ground.
*St.George to get an increase of $2m per year in the salary cap (no other clubs) for 3 years
*Another grant of $6m for a junior system that is already set up, not to mention all the monies coming in from the $3m per junior club buying scenario.
*NRL to provide assistance with 3rd party deals, yet 3rd party deals are not supposed to have anything to do within the club

Extremely arrogant thoughts for a club thats only been around 17 years with their one premiership.
Have I already mentioned delusions??

Arnold

Juniors
Swings and roundabouts for most clubs.

However the club has to survive to enjoy the trip back up the slope.

That's a lot of debt in a crowded market. If only they had a source of income other than pokies.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
This can only go in this thread:

There is a thread in the Stains forum that has gone beyond delusional and one can only imagine if we had the thoughts that this poster has how hard they would laugh at us.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/nrl-take-over-of-the-dragons.459443/

Here is the OP's first post:

"What if the NRL are part of the problem; allowing this mess to continue in order to assume control of the Club?

I've for a long time believed the NRL would like to see a restructure of some Sydney Clubs with the aim of reducing the number of NRL Clubs located in Sydney. The Dragons are in debt to the NRL, performing poorly on the field, are an administrative mess and are currently showing no idea on a way to improve this situation.

I believe the NRL are keen on implementing a 10 pont plan similar to the one deailed below in an effort to facilitate its agenda of reducing the number of Clubs operating out of Sydney:

1. Take over the administration of the St George Illawarra Club; sacking the Board in the process.

2. Relocate the entire Dragons operation to Wollongong.

3. Forgive/wipe the Dragon's $6m NRL debt and grant the franchise a gift of $10m as start-up capital.

4. Issue a licence to WIN TV for 100% ownership of the St George NRL franchise at a price of $10m..

5. Transfer all of the assests of the former joint venture to the new franchise.

6. Re-distribute the Dragons Sydney Junior Clubs between the Dogs, Roosters Sharks and Bunnies at a price of $3m for each Club.

7. Offer a NSW Govt. / NRL grant of $10m to further improve crowd capacity at Wollongong WIN Stadium.

8. Allow the new St George Club to play all home games at Wollongong Stadium.

9. Increase the new St George NRL Squad’s Salary Cap by $2m for the following 3 years and provide a grant of $6m to the new franchise for the purpose of developing juniors in their new districts.

10. Provide the new St George Club with assistance to secure 3rd party sponsorship of key players.

These are only my thoughts and opinion. Your opinion and comments are very welcome."

Correct me if I'm wrong here but is he hoping for a huge amount of NRL funding outside of what all the other clubs get?

*Wiping the debt $6m
*A "gift" of $10m
*NRL take $10m for a licence, which basically gives the license for free as per the "gift"
*$3m each for St.George based junior clubs, I mean WTFFFF???? they put bugger all cash into their crumbling junior league and expect to be paid for their faarrk ups????
*Another $10m from NSW Govt/NRL for their shyte home ground.
*St.George to get an increase of $2m per year in the salary cap (no other clubs) for 3 years
*Another grant of $6m for a junior system that is already set up, not to mention all the monies coming in from the $3m per junior club buying scenario.
*NRL to provide assistance with 3rd party deals, yet 3rd party deals are not supposed to have anything to do within the club

Extremely arrogant thoughts for a club thats only been around 17 years with their one premiership.
Have I already mentioned delusions??
Wow...thats pretty special even by our farrkked up standards. The best one is selling off their St.George junior clubs for $12 million....haven't they got about 20 teams in total?
Don't mean to put the boot in while their down but it's worth having a look at their "fighting fund" thread. Have set up a Gofundme page aiming to raise 1.5 million to question the accountability of the Dragons board (which I'm sure is a worthy cause). Only trouble is they have so far accrued $300 to their cause and $150 of that is from the creator of the fund. Part of me feels sorry for these poor caarrnnts cause we well know the feeling of being a rabble of a club. The other part of me says faarrkk 'em...they've been giving it to us forever!

Quigs

Immortal
Wow...thats pretty special even by our farrkked up standards. The best one is selling off their St.George junior clubs for $12 million....haven't they got about 20 teams in total?
Don't mean to put the boot in while their down but it's worth having a look at their "fighting fund" thread. Have set up a Gofundme page aiming to raise 1.5 million to question the accountability of the Dragons board (which I'm sure is a worthy cause). Only trouble is they have so far accrued $300 to their cause and $150 of that is from the creator of the fund. Part of me feels sorry for these poor caarrnnts cause we well know the feeling of being a rabble of a club. The other part of me says faarrkk 'em...they've been giving it to us forever!

Narrrrhhh forget the preamble .... just f**kkk'em

Quigs

Immortal
They really would be better off relocating holus bolus to Wollongong.

Yes, bloody Wollon-bloody-gong

6a00e0097e4e6888330162fd9d1cde970d-800wi

Quigs

Immortal
Why force the stinking stains to move down the Gong.

Why would you? And leave all this

stains-club-1.jpg

Latest posts