What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever played with, against or coached a player who played NRL?

kbw

Bench
Played with and against Daniel Conn and Beau Robinson (Union)

Robinson strikes me as the sort of player you want to grab and belt the shit out of if you were playing against him.
Not sure how successful that tactic would be but I thought he looked like a very annoying player

Emu01

Juniors
I was playing S.G Ball for St George in the 80's.I was in the second row and was a pretty good defender.The coach decided to move me to the centres for the next game against Penrith,playing up a grade for the panthers was Brad Fitler he was unbelievable good that day he scored three try's it was a tough initation to the centres for me.. The next week we played Balmain and my opposing centre was Tim Brasher who ended up playing for Australia later on.

Brasher was a fantastic player and kicked goals aswell back then..Needless to say I was selected back in the second row for the following game.. Both players dominated at rep level and you could tell they were future champions..

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
played alongside

benji marshall
sam moa
greg eastwood
rangi chase

play against (and occasionally alongside in rep sides)
darius boyd
steve michaels
junior sau
anthony watts

H.H

Juniors
Played against Colin ward, Brett Gillard and David Webber in the Easts comp late 80's.

My younger brother played the likes of fletcher, mellor, McRae and Matt Mitchell (lattrells dad).

MacDougall

First Grade
Played against Luke Douglas when I was 14. I was an opposing front rower. I remember taking a 20 metre tap hit up and trying to run towards the backrowers away from him. He went out of his way to chase me halfway across the field, pick me up and backslam me. Sucked hard. Was still a 10 metre hitup though so whatevs.

His side beat us 82-0.

SDM

First Grade
I got bitten on the penis by Anthony Watts while Hoppa fingered my anus.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Played alongside Barney Haslett (one for the Parra fans there)

Played in reggies against Tumut one day. The same day their first grade side had a tennage Trent Barrett run out for them.

My old man played in the back row as a schoolboy in a rep game alongside Steve Mortimer.

Rhyno

First Grade
Played with Hayne, Folau and Inu I was considered the most talented player in the team and everyone thought I'd be the one to make it big before I did my knee and gave the game away

JamesRustle

First Grade
Played against Adam Ritson and Ben Sammut. Played with Sean Ryan, Scott Krywulycz and Gavin Clinch.

Yoda

Juniors
Played oztag against Mark Riddell, played golf against Jason Smith and played euchre and two-up with Terry Lamb who incidentally is a tails man.

nick87

Coach
My cousin was good mates with Steve Turner as a kid
I played a decent amount of backyard footy with him

Played in a round robin tourney at club level, with teams all over the state. One of the teams we played had some dude who ran in about 7-8 tries on his own, including at least 4 directly through me... A mate who played in that team with me said that kid was a 10 y/o Hayne Plane... Not sure if that's true but I can believe it, he was absolute f**king untouchable

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Solomon Haumono, Shannon Donato, Paul Mellor amongst others I can't remember now. I used to see Solomon around Newtown all the time as a kid too.

Thing is about the guys I played against that went onto first grade is that they were all noticeably 'grown up' compared to the rest of the age group. Men against boys.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I marked up against Tony Williams in the centres in u15s when he played for Cabramatta, he used to actually run it hard in those days..

He scored 3 tries and we got dusted by 50 odd

LeaguePlayer

Juniors
Played against David Klemmer, average junior player but just had the size about him. He was playing in the backs back then.