What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

lingard

Coach
I guess the point is that nobody will ever know if it was a mistake. Even doing something different could have had unintended consequences and turned out worse.

So merkins talking about the coach making mistakes is just their attempt to say that they know better. And they don't know better.

No it isn't, mate. Do you seriously think that any of us fans really believe that we know more about the running of a football side than a full time professional football coach? Get real. I understand (and respect) that you have experienced some very good and very strong leadership in the ADF. And you may have been a leader in that environment yourself, so you are coming from that perspective. And I guess there you wouldn't be questioning your leaders too much - and fair enough. But this is different. This is a bunch of mad passionate footy fans pretending they know everything and have all the answers for 80 minutes every Sunday. We pretend we can assess the attitude of player X whom we've never met, or the culture of an organisation we no nothing about, or who should be selected where and when and why.
One unfortunate aspect of your blind support of the coach is that it inadvertently turns people against him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No it isn't, mate. Do you seriously think that any of us fans really believe that we know more about the running of a football side than a full time professional football coach? Get real. I understand (and respect) that you have experienced some very good and very strong leadership in the ADF. And you may have been a leader in that environment yourself, so you are coming from that perspective. And I guess there you wouldn't be questioning your leaders too much - and fair enough. But this is different. This is a bunch of mad passionate footy fans pretending they know everything and have all the answers for 80 minutes every Sunday. We pretend we can assess the attitude of player X whom we've never met, or the culture of an organisation we no nothing about, or who should be selected where and when and why.
One unfortunate aspect of your blind support of the coach is that it inadvertently turns people against him.
There is no blind support, whether for ADF 'leaders' or footy coaches. Just the acknowledgement that people with more information, and better credentials for assessing risk, are almost certainly better placed for assessing that risk.

And if it matters, most leaders in the ADF are like leaders anywhere else - mediocre. Likewise, most followers in the ADF are like followers anywhere else. They generally think they know better, and have the luxury of never having to find out.

lingard

Coach
There is no blind support, whether for ADF 'leaders' or footy coaches. Just the acknowledgement that people with more information, and better credentials for assessing risk, are almost certainly better placed for assessing that risk.

Totally agree. Never thought otherwise (read my post again). Anyway, looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree again. Not much point continuing this conversation. All good. Hope we win today.

Gronk

Staff member
If you can expand this link and read Vossy’s thread, OMG the knives are out for Hayne as the reason why we are shit in 2018. Nonsensical really.

Kornstar

Coach
And until we lost the first 2 games there was ZERO f**king talk of him being late to training and a disruption etc.

I assume if he really was that terrible then we would have heard it well before round 2.

Im am certainly not the 2nd coming of jarryds biggest fan .... but anyone saying he's a massive part of the cause are looney ... the pussy hasnt even played half the games

He's certainly not personally responsible. But his signing might be a symptom of a problem with the club's recruitment priorities.