What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to Parra

Drag Queen

Bench
The only thing that has kept me vaguely sane over the last few years as I've watched our rabble of a team is thinking that at least I wasn't following basket cases of clubs like the Titans, Tigers and Warriors. Our board almost look like geniuses compared to the boards of those 3 clubs.
To be fair I think our team is right up there with the above mentioned ones 77. On paper the Warriors should have been standouts but have a crap coach. Titans are just a saved team on behalf of the NRL, and the Tigers made the right decision getting rid of Taylor. They've recruited well for 2018. Meanwhile we have to see how low we can go before we see any changes, if any. I apologise for the negativity.

since77

Juniors
To be fair I think our team is right up there with the above mentioned ones 77. On paper the Warriors should have been standouts but have a crap coach. Titans are just a saved team on behalf of the NRL, and the Tigers made the right decision getting rid of Taylor. They've recruited well for 2018. Meanwhile we have to see how low we can go before we see any changes, if any. I apologise for the negativity.

I'm a negative as anyone about our current decision makers. However, those 3 clubs were genuine basket cases, while we're just merely (very) ineptly managed. There's even the slight possibility that the 2018 squad with a genuine halfback and a stronger forward pack can be moderately successful despite Mc Gregor still being the coach.

Titans are a very real possibility of being the 3rd or 4th Gold Coast franchise to fail - and they deserve everything the Hayne / Henry debacle delivers to them considering how poorly they handled at the time and with how its likely they're going to get shafted by Hayne come January 2018. Appointing a dud like Henry in the first place was dumb, dumb, dumb.

The Tigers have been a disaster since before Tim Sheens left. Then we had the Benji & Robbie circuses. not to mention 2 more questionable coaching appointments, particularly the appointment of Taylor. And while Cleary is probably an improvement, his career record is pretty spotty too. A board with little or no experience with Rugby League. I'm not convinced the Tigers are headed for finals footy any time soon.

The Warriors - it seems like they've been on a long quest to find the worst possible coaches for their team. Mc Fadden, Kearney - both the board and coaching staff there have shown an incompetence of a breathtaking calibre.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hayne's form last year and the few games he played the year before, was pretty poor. I would not have signed him for us.

Hayne will be going back home. If he can recapture the form he was in before he left to go and play NFL, then he could be the X factor and play a big part in Parra having a big year? He will be playing under a good coach, who should be able to keep him in line and focused.

JDHD

Juniors
I'm a negative as anyone about our current decision makers. However, those 3 clubs were genuine basket cases, while we're just merely (very) ineptly managed. There's even the slight possibility that the 2018 squad with a genuine halfback and a stronger forward pack can be moderately successful despite Mc Gregor still being the coach.

Titans are a very real possibility of being the 3rd or 4th Gold Coast franchise to fail - and they deserve everything the Hayne / Henry debacle delivers to them considering how poorly they handled at the time and with how its likely they're going to get shafted by Hayne come January 2018. Appointing a dud like Henry in the first place was dumb, dumb, dumb.

The Tigers have been a disaster since before Tim Sheens left. Then we had the Benji & Robbie circuses. not to mention 2 more questionable coaching appointments, particularly the appointment of Taylor. And while Cleary is probably an improvement, his career record is pretty spotty too. A board with little or no experience with Rugby League. I'm not convinced the Tigers are headed for finals footy any time soon.

The Warriors - it seems like they've been on a long quest to find the worst possible coaches for their team. Mc Fadden, Kearney - both the board and coaching staff there have shown an incompetence of a breathtaking calibre.

Despite everything, Cleary still got the Warriors to a grand final. That's basically proof of witch craft.

Life's Good

Coach
Not sure whether you're being facetious or not but Rein had a great season with the ISP. I Still think he's a FG hooker. Shoot me now..
Why would I ‘shoot you now’? Your entitled to your opinion. With the right coaching I am sure he will go well but he didn’t get that with us, just like a lot of other players. Good luck to him.

Drag Queen

Bench
Why would I ‘shoot you now’? Your entitled to your opinion. With the right coaching I am sure he will go well but he didn’t get that with us, just like a lot of other players. Good luck to him.
Just heard he has signed with the Titans under Garth Brennan. It'll be interesting to see how he goes.

Belta

Juniors
I to felt the Hayne plane had lost its coordinates since returning from NFL, however in the World Cup, he has been instrumental in directing and leading the side. He's been a standout, a cut above and shows he still has the ability to be a x factor player if he ends up at the Eels and if he does as Mikeylane suggests, lookout

Old Timer

Coach
I to felt the Hayne plane had lost its coordinates since returning from NFL, however in the World Cup, he has been instrumental in directing and leading the side. He's been a standout, a cut above and shows he still has the ability to be a x factor player if he ends up at the Eels and if he does as Mikeylane suggests, lookout
Surely you have to be kidding?
Sims is leading the side and Hayne is being his usual selfish, nob jockey, all about me, opportunistic self.
Especially the last game he was appalling

Belta

Juniors
Old Timer said;

"Surely you have to be kidding? Sims is leading the side and Hayne being his usual selfish nob jockey, all about me, opportunistic self. Especially the last game he was appalling."

I'm not sure how to reply to this comment. I guess it's a case of seeing it differently.
Not saying sims wasn't huge, and the Fijians as a whole tremendous, (also below par Kiwi performance, handling errors, the big sofa had a shocker, as did their halves, I could on and on...) but for me, Hayne stepped up to the plate and delivered. That's just how I saw it. Sometimes it's an arrogant, "...all about me..." Attitude that is needed when your a play maker, and I think it's a given that Hayne will never be short of confidence, but it's his overall effort in attack and defence that has surprised/impressed me. I guess the acid test is yet to come, against Australia he may well go missing or be found wanting, totally different ball game, Meniga will have a strategy in place I'm sure

Latest posts