What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High antennas at Emu Plains?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I drove up to the Blue Mountains yesterday and as i was getting close to climbing the mountain i noticed just before it on the left hand side where all the new houses are i think there is like 1000 of them and i think it's a housing estate, well every single house has antennas that are like 5 metres high!

What is the go? Is reception that bad out there?

lainey

Juniors
That would be Glenmore Park and yes, the reception is bad out here unless you have a high antenna!

*Sandy*

First Grade
But isn't Glenmore Park before Emu Plains?

But anyway on the antenae stuff, where I live at Umina beach we have high antenae's too. It's damn bad out here and I think it might be because we are surrounded my small mountains. :( My mobile coverage is the pits!!! #-o I can go 10 houses down the street and the coverage is nearly full but I'm lucky to show up 2 bars at my house! #-o

choc_soldier

Coach
It's to do with the "bounce back" from the mountains that small antenna do, I believe. Causes the reception to go all haywire. Hence the taller ones.

Well, that's what a mate who lives out at Penrith told me.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
lainey said:
That would be Glenmore Park and yes, the reception is bad out here unless you have a high antenna!

Sorry i don't know the area too well i just know that Emu Plains is before you start heading up the mountain.

I live right near Kincumber mountain like my house backs onto the start of the mountain and i don't need a huge antenna like that and PK my mobile coverage is fine!

lainey

Juniors
PK said:
But isn't Glenmore Park before Emu Plains?

But anyway on the antenae stuff, where I live at Umina beach we have high antenae's too. It's damn bad out here and I think it might be because we are surrounded my small mountains. :( My mobile coverage is the pits!!! #-o I can go 10 houses down the street and the coverage is nearly full but I'm lucky to show up 2 bars at my house! #-o

Glenmore Park is before Emu Plains but Emu is on the right going up the mountain and Glenmore is on the left. After you go over the Nepean river that would be Leonay on the left. :D

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yeah my mobile coverage when I am in Kincumber is fine too.

Well there goes that theory of the mountains playing with antenna's reception then.

lainey

Juniors
After delivering pizzas for 2 years, I know the suburbs around here pretty well and I live in Glenmore Park. The tv reception here is crap but I get reception all over Glenmore Park on my mobile. Very odd! :?

Fibroman

First Grade
lainey said:
After delivering pizzas for 2 years, I know the suburbs around here pretty well and I live in Glenmore Park. The tv reception here is crap but I get reception all over Glenmore Park on my mobile. Very odd! :?

I reckon I've had a thooooousand pizza's delivered since I moved the the riff in 1989. Maybe you delivered one to me at some stage??????

I remember a cracking good sort delivering a pizza to me once. I was going to drop the acid on her but I had too many beers on deck to come up with the goods anyway. :lol:

lainey

Juniors
It must have been me fibro. When I started at Pizza Hut there were 26 drivers and I was the only female. :D

Fibroman

First Grade
I thought I recognised you in the stands at Penrith park. Yep...... The sort that used to bring me 1 x supreme and 1 x ham and pinapple, thick crust, garlic bread and a 1.25lt diet coke. :p

Fibroman

First Grade
Are you about 170cm, medium/curvatious build, blonde, sexy, intelligent with a great sense of humour?

If so......it might have been you. ;-)