What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh NSW Captain for 2010

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Tell me how Gidley would make a better captain than Hindmarsh? Or anyone else from NSW with the possible exception of Andrew Ryan?

He (Gidley) probably isn't. Hindmarsh just ain't going to be selected ahead of the backrowers ahead of him to get any chance to play for NSW.

Eels Dude

Coach
Watmough as captain... c'mon. The bloke has a couple of good performances in origin and all of a sudden you all want to make him captain. He's had no leadership experience at club level, and only a bit of experience at all playing in origin. Let him do what he does best and run amok in origin without the extra burden of being captain. Kimmorley for me, though Gidley will no doubt get the nod again. I don't mind that, he's a very responsible player and is a solid, without being a great, leader.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Kurt Gidley leads by example, you can't knock him, I just think he is best from the bench. I mean he ain't going to hold out Brett Stewart and he shouldn't be in the halves ahead of some of the guys in contention.

You can't have a captain on the bench can ... or can you?

neeknitsuj

Juniors
I'd rate Hindmarsh ahead of all the NSW second rowers who played last night bar Watmough and Creagh possibly. I'd rather have Hindmarsh there over Waterhouse, Glenn Stewart, Gallen and O'Donnell. He's a workhorse like Price and Civinocieva and more skilled, great in defence and he's got experience at rep level. The thing going against him is that he isn't captain at club level.

sass

Juniors
You can't have a captain on the bench can ... or can you?

they haven't till now, doesn't mean you can't ... I love gidley's character as a captain but I agree he's better on the bench. maybe nsw can work out a leadership pair or group (depending on who's in form in 2010) and have their gidley cake and eat it too.

Dazzat

First Grade
True ... but the person in front of Hindmarsh is a Kiwi ... doesn't Hindmarsh captain the team in his absence?

aqua_duck

Coach
Hindmarsh would be paying about 500 to 1 to be NSW captain next year. Selectors will go for a bloke who's assured of his spot and Watmough is one of those players. Hindmarsh is a senior player, but that doesn't make him a great captain and honestly he's never really performed in origin

natheel

Coach
Hindy would b a good captain....gidley doesn't really talk much but he still got it. But I think Barrett will b captain next year Hindy won't b in the team IMO

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Barrett? Really? I think NSW will have a new five-eight let alone seeing Barrett contend for the captaincy.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
2010 Back Row (Hopefully)

11. Creagh
12. Hindmarsh
13. Watmough

16. Glenn Stewart/Waterhouse/Laffranchi/O'Donnel/Tupou

LazyDreamer

Bench
Hindmarsh won't even be considered. The selectors have a real hard-on for Knights players, so Gidley will get the job. I don't watch many Knights games - does he fill in better at half or 5/8 (assuming of course that Stewart isn't found guilty & will therefore be the fullback)???

Liam

Juniors
Hindmarsh won't even be considered. The selectors have a real hard-on for Knights players, so Gidley will get the job. I don't watch many Knights games - does he fill in better at half or 5/8 (assuming of course that Stewart isn't found guilty & will therefore be the fullback)???

Gidley is not a half, has never been a half and never will be a half.