What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home crowd figures comparisons

tiger_nick

Bench
I agree Westie, I orignially followed them cause as a kid my favourite animal was a tiger nothign to do with Balmain. Ive grown up in the St.George area, played in Canterbury colours and worked in the shire but never once felt alligence to one of those teams.

Even when they were Balmain I always said i was a Tiger's fan rarely a Balmain fan!

Noddz

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
I agree Westie, I orignially followed them cause as a kid my favourite animal was a tiger nothign to do with Balmain. Ive grown up in the St.George area, played in Canterbury colours and worked in the shire but never once felt alligence to one of those teams.

Even when they were Balmain I always said i was a Tiger's fan rarely a Balmain fan!

im similar to that, i always said im a tigers fan, not balmain, and i live in drummoyne, born in newtown, lived at Kiama for 9 years, came back here wen i was 11, been here for 9 years, so its my local team now anyway... anyhow, i always said i was a tigers fan... but now i say im a balmain fan...

magpiemax

Juniors
you are actually funny sometimes......tugger, but not very knowledgeable!

shit someone gave you a reply tugger!!!!
p.s....thank god for the ignore icon in the post setting tugger.

tigger

Juniors
The Balmain crusade is strengthening...... GO BALMAIN. & to all you filthy JV fans, sort your lives out otherwise it is going to be a very sad day for you when the leagues club funding stops and you are left with nothing except to crawl back to the original club that you have since abandoned. Premier League is the only viable option for both clubs in the current environment.

magpiemax

Juniors
geeeez i luv the ignore option,sorry tugger all i can read is tugger on the left of the screen but what your post says is infact blank. ;-)

Gobbso

Juniors
Noddz said:
traditionally the best crowd pulling games at leichhardt are parra, manly, souths, dragons, newcastle and the doggies (basically any NSW team)...

Hmmm that's odd....they seem to be the best crowd puller's at Campbelltown as well. Just a coincidence perhaps? :roll:

Noddz said:
also someone said something about it depends who they are playing, and if we won the week before...

Well yes, i can see this having positive affect upon crowd figures. I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want to get behind the team if they are winning?

Noddz said:
i think an even bigger contibuting factor to that is, unless u live along the parramatta, or liverpool train line, its to hard to get to campbelltown by public transport, and a long drive from anywhere, being stuck in the middle of no-where has its toll

What a load of hog wash. If you are a fair dinkum, true blue Wests Tigers fan, no matter where you live, travelling would mean nothing to you. I live no where near Leichhardt, but i still make the journey everytime they play at the Den. And i know others that live in Campbelltown-Macarthur area that make the 60-odd km trek as well. Those who complain are part time supporters. Nothing more! :x

Noddz said:
... going to campbelltown, if you dont live on the above train lines, its a trip to central then out to campbelltown for another hour... or the $3.30 toll each way, plus petrol, becomes very expensive, and a hassel

Again, for those who live no where near Leichhardt, its exactly the same. But then, the issue of 'support' comes up once again. Travel is no barrier when it comes to watching the team play for real supporters. Those who use the excuse that Campbelltown is too far, give it a rest will ya's? :roll:

And the crap that there are more Balmain supporters that travel to Campbelltown and support the Joint-Venture than old Magpies travel to Leichhardt is nothing but complete bullshit! Do you people really base your argument on what you see at the grounds? :lol: Do you interview every single person in a Balmain jersey? If you do, my hat goes off to you, you obviously have alot of spare time on your hands, that's for sure :lol:

Going on that statement i can create an arguement saying that less Balmain fans have moved on, while more Western Suburbs supporters have embraced the Joint-Venture, hence the less Magpie jerseys and more Balmain jerseys...etc

Just stop all the crap guys :evil: We all know that success is the only variable that will bring crowds to both grounds irrespective of opposition on the day, night, or weather conditions...until such time, we will have to put up with the current lot of statistics that are embarrasing to the Joint-Venture.

We the supporters are the only ones who can change all that! Remember that people! ;-)

King Tigerman

Juniors
westie said:
I thought the 4k against penrith was at leichhardt. Night game and we lost on the bell?

nah that was the year before , we played em at campbelltown this year remember the panther fans had a tent & a bbq on the other side of the hill

also tugger why dont you go to campbelltown & visit there 1 day , but im sorry i dont think you can get a vegan burger like the 1s you love at henson park

Latest posts