What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Final v Cougars

Manfred Moore

Juniors
Top night. The rain got us for a bit but then went away.

The Kb's were the coldest they've ever been!!! I bought a Frank Hyde beer doilie just to keep my hand from falling off!

I thought Thommo god bless him was outstanding in a losing team. His defence and camraderie never ceases to amaze me.

Soward seemed to try to hard in the first half and we looked like we lacking cohesion (which we probably were). But the 2nd half was a real gritty effort and two of those tries were absolute jaffers. Glenn Hall was a rock.

Turning point was Cougars Nick Youngquest's touching of the ball for the dropkick. I know Nick back from his Sharkies days. He's a nice guy but it was a major blue.

The 'N' on the hill looked great!!!

Go the Bags! Whos next on the hitlist?

2 True Blues

Coach
Was at both games. No fingernails left, though the Jim beam side should have scored many more tries however thru them away at the end.

***Got this from another thread in the NSWRL forum ***
Qualifying Final 1
(4th) Canberra 30 (5th) Manly 4 at Telstra
Qualifying Final 2
(6th) Balmain Ryde 12 (3rd) St Geo-Illa 10 at WIN
Qualifying Final 3
(2nd) Newtown 20 (7th) St Mary’s Penrith 18 at Henson
Qualifying Final 4
(1st) Parramatta 28 (8th) Cronulla 16 at Parramatta

Winner 1 PARRAMATTA and Winner 2 NEWTOWN advance to week three.

Loser 3 ST MARY'S PENRITH COUGARS and Loser 4 CRONULLA are gone.

Next week at Venues and Times TBA:
Winner 4 BALMAIN RYDE v Loser 2 MANLY WARRINGAH
Winner 3 CANBERRA v Loser 1 ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA

Week three:
NEWTOWN v CAN/STG
PARRAMATTA v BAL-RYD/MAN

It's on!

No Easy Matches there !!!!

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
I was there on the hill. Don't really anybody apart from Jeffles by name, so just stood with the main throng and made the effort to come out & support the team, despite the poor conditions.

The Jets play with a great deal of heart.Watching them I find is always very rewarding! The way they A) continue to throw the ball around & B) have the courage and coolness to never lose their heads when they fall behind is a complete credit to them. They deserve more than the 700 or so who turned up to support them.

JF
PS:- Would love to get my mits on one of those long Jets scarves. I feel like a bit of a clown standing there in a Swans scarf amongst all those Jets fans.

JF_Bay22_SCG said:
PS:- Would love to get my mits on one of those long Jets scarves. I feel like a bit of a clown standing there in a Swans scarf amongst all those Jets fans.

At least you stand out I spose. I was the guy on the hill with a Jets hat and a blue jacket :lol:

bluebag43

Juniors
Guys, keep an eye on the Forum and note where (bay/area) we (Newtown Supporters) are going to congregate for the Prelim Final. I am one of the guys with the loud horns from the other night. I met one of you at the Pub after the game. You are very welcome to join in with us to give the team the support they deserve!

I had a horn on Friday night too! Gee all that blowing gave me sore lips...

Not sure the NRL grounds will allow those big horns into the grounds, but then again who cares! Lets get the receipt rolls out in force again!

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
At least you stand out I spose. I was the guy on the hill with a Jets hat and a blue jacket :lol:

I was wearing one of those mad Jets hoodies with the N on the back though. Bloody needed the hood to be honest. It got pretty cold out there in the 2nd half.

I wasn't the only person wearing a Swans scarf with the hill mob, funnily enough. :shock: :? :cool:

JF