What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Truths

The Colonel

Immortal
Pete,

Disagree if you must but please don't belittle people for their opinion. Just consider that next time you post OK.

So as not to feel you are being singled out, can all people remember to disagree with the opinion and not bring anything personal into it.

Thanks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like Fitzy and his perfroming mouth at the moment, but no one can take away his achievements on the fooly field, for the Eels as well as Australia.

Good players don't necessarily make good coaches.

Subsequently good players don't necessarily make good CEOs.

fish eel

Immortal
Subsequently good players don't necessarily make good CEOs.

But, putting his personality aside, is he really a bad CEO?

In terms of running a succesfull and viable organisation, he certainly has plenty of runs on the board.

The question is, how much further does his job go and where is the line drawn?

I'm glad Fitzy had the foresight to see that, and declare Cleal's job no more. Who took his place... No one.

Hey Pete my bitch,

You said you have a sick love with Denis cause he speaks the truth (re comments made about the storm) but in this case he came out and said Crushers job was redundant cause of the pokie tax...? WTF

So does Denis only speak the truth when he wants to? I'm waiting for your spin on this one you git :D

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parra pete said:
Jess I still don't think they give a stuff what you think.
read my post again sunshine, i know people don't care what i say, im the comic relief 8) ppl need to laugh at something when there are idiots like you around
parrapete said:
Why don't you think POSITIVE thoughts instead of NEGATIVE.You'll find the world is a much better place. Be happy with what you have, and don't fall for this trap of "disliking people". Once you dislike them, you give them power over you.
i am very happy with what i have in life, i don't feel the need to enter a community and begin to launch an attack on its members. i also reserve the right to like and dislike whoever i may choose, pete, i dislike YOU

parrapete said:
Don't be a puppett for the snowman builder, and don't take the crap on the Footy Show too serious. Lifes too short I Don't pretend I'm clever. Never have. But I KNOW my football and I KNOW about a FAIR GO. My record in life proves it. I believe in giving those charged with running the football Club a FAIR GO.
1)puppet for a snowman... wt... SPEAK ENGLISH
2)there's nothing on the footy show you can take seriously!! :lol:
3)you obviously know you're football, but you sir, no nothing about a fair go, accept other peoples opinions and move on!!

parrapete said:
It's about time you fair weather supporters did the same. Learn to take the good with the bad and treat them both the same. You'll find life is a lot more enjoyable.
It is easy to knock, knock, knock....ask Suity, he has turned it into an art.
My record in life proves that i am FAR FROM a fair weather supporter. People here know that, and they are the opinions that i value.

well done pete, can i have another?

Colonel if i ever begin to overstep the lines, give us a PM and i'll back off :D

The Colonel

Immortal
OK we've all had fun now at pete's expense. If we can all now kindly respect pete's opinions and not attack him personally, then I am more than sure he can do the same.

;-)

jed

First Grade
Sorry guys, I know I am not an Eels member or anything, but I think it's worth pointing out yet again that one of the great things about forums such as these is that they are used to exchange ideas and opinions. I don't think there's a single topic that could be posted that would be agreed on by everyone, but the important thing is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether you agree or not.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hey Jed! you may not be a supporter but something tells me you have a freaky!! obsesion with our club ;-)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Fitzy is actually pretty smart. He recruited basically no-one in the early to mid nineties then cut loose just at the right time to get the club competitive.

fish eel

Immortal
He recruited basically no-one in the early to mid nineties

Thats because noone would come here.....it wasnt part of a masterfull strategy, for example, I can remember Menzies being offered a huge deal after only a handful of first grade games.

Money was certainly being thrown around.....we just weren't attractive enough to get the decent players. Thats why wew were over the cap when we were rubbish, we had to pay over the top $$$ just to get average players.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Colonel Eel said:
OK we've all had fun now at pete's expense. If we can all now kindly respect pete's opinions and not attack him personally, then I am more than sure he can do the same.

;-)
darrr! #-o :lol: and here i was tryin' ta be good ;-)
sorry colonel, but its ok now i think im done with him anyway, oh and...

El Duque said:
Damn :shock:
pete's getting beaten like a red-headed stepchild :lol:
:lol: sorry, but that is pretty funny!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:

;-)

Agreed. Despite Pete's obsession with Suity, he actually posesses a sense of humour, and a willingness to let us see it at times. IN that respect, he is unlike the other members of the Flat Earth Society, Strider and HJ, who are about as funny as a wet fart in a lift the night after a big feed of very hot curry.

Pete, we can orgive your blind infatuation with Fitzgerald and Smith, and can forgive your desire to see Parra have every September off, if you can just stop the slagging off us premiership desirees. Replace it with your sense of humour, and I'm sure Suity, Maroubra, Jess and I will start blowing you kisses ever now and then. Right fellas?

parra pete

Referee
Jess, Suity is the Snowman builder, or at least he hopes to be if naughty Brian Smith doesn't stop the snow.
Oh I thought the Footy Show was fair dinkum too.
Jess, lets just have a strange and wonderful relationship on this forum.
Your strange and I'm wonderful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't take life so serious. Been there done that!!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parra pete your thoughts echo a floating turd heading out to Bondi....a pubic hair on soap!!

The simple truth of the matter is......our coach is stale, the players are stale, and the results reflect that!!

I couldn't give shit about 2001 or before that, im worried about the future & you tell me why in the world Brian Smith is the man for the coach of our team after he pissed off one of the best teams of all time.

Brian smiths recruitment & selection based on the passed 2 years can be compared to a homless man having a flog on a park bench.....uncalled for!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Allow me to put things into perspective for some people.

Whether young or old. Whether pro or anti-Fitzgerald. Whether fat or thin, man or woman, intelligent or 'special', passionate or ambivalent - EVERY Eels fan wants the phrase "The Parramatta Eels" to be equated with success and glory.

To a degree, it has - only Parramatta has boasted such incredible players as Sterling (widely regarded as the best halfback ever to play the game), Kenny (best 5/8), Grothe (best winger) and Price (best, most loyal, most passionate player you'll ever see).

THESE are the names associated with greatness. It takes names such as those to be equated with success and glory.

Now some of you have had the ultimate luxury - living through the 70's and 80's, when legends were being born, and Premierships won.

Others, such as myself, haven't been lucky enough.

"Take it easy, mate," I hear people say. "It's just footy - it's for enjoyment." And that is 100% true. However, when you have seen your team win Premierships, one can afford the luxury of relaxing and enjoying their footy.

Let me tell you something - all the years I've been overseas, I've NEVER supported a team as passionately as the Eels. My week is made by watching them play - last week was UNBEARABLE to me, even though the calibre of League was tremendous. We can get flogged - I don't care. I'll vent my frustration on this board, and two or three days later, I'll calm down and look forward to the next encounter.

Even when I have supported teams somewhat passionately (for instance when, I lived in Barcelona for nearly four years, I thought I may as well support the Futbol Club de Barcelona [although I was already a soccer fan]; EVERY year I went to the games or watched them, and EVERY year I supported them we finished 10th or 11th; we SUCKED). Point of my story? Simple:

(1) I have NEVER been so passionate, so PROUD a supporter as I am of the Eels; and

(2) Whenever I have followed a team properly (through the highs and lows), I have NEVER witnessed them achieve success.

I am a tragic who, although I have been a great fan of just about every sport, I have NEVER seen my prefered team win a major competition.

Alas, I yearn for a Premiership - it will make me even prouder than I already am, and will provide great stories to tell my mates and kids some day.