What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hornby dropped?

Ribs

Bench
Ben Hornby has been dropped from the Origin side..... how harsh is that? hey have got to be kidding after his effort in the first game.

They put him in, f*ck our ability to sign him due to rep selection and then drop him.

If he ends up at the Roosters.........

This pisses me off. F*ck you Gould and f*ck Origin.

Ribs

Bench
If he had a bad game I could understand but if he was good enough to keep Mini at wing in game one, then what has changed?

Did Mini have a blinder in the 40 - 12 loss (I didnt see the game)?

Is yelling at Craig Wing a sackable offense?

Surely they arent shuffling the backline to accommodate Tahu??

It would suck to get dropped when you played well in the first game and I think he did for sure.

Simon

Juniors
It's unlucky for Honby but it was the right decision if Fittler was going to play. Hornby played the first game because Timmins was 5/8th and there needed to be another ball playing option in the team. With Fittler in the team, he can play that role and Minichello can play the running game that he is brilliant at.

StGeorge

Juniors
Gould plays favourites with the roosters boys, he said the side wont be changed if they win, yet in the first game, hornby beat mini to the fb spot, so obviously hornby was in front, then mini gets the fb position after a pretty crap performance against the doggies.wtf. hornbys ten times the player mini is. and how did tahu walk into the side.

Anonymous

Juniors
The fact is, Fittler is making a comeback and this negates the Hornby utility factor.
I think its tough for Hornby but great for St George and imo, its a good thing for NSW that Fittler is being recalled.

Dr. Funkenstein

Juniors
Hornby was the most effective back out there for nsw, he was doing all the good kicks and gowers kicks were shit. his frist ended up as a possible try (and was from mine) and he also did that kick that ended up as a line drop out from Queensland Gower was a liability to NSW and i think NSW would have lost without hornby. he was great. but he just didnt fit in to the nsw backline, i really feel for the bloke. He should have been 5/8 and should be for u guys as he has true play making skill.

Collateral

Coach
I would be happy if none of the Dragons playrs ever had to play rep footy again ala Panthers last year.

Southernsaint

Staff member
LOL, two weeks ago we were all blowing up that Benny had been picked & now everyone's fuming that he's been dropped.

Justice for the New South Wales One!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Saint 60

Juniors
far superior...? now thats a rooster, typical wombat -----

Mini could be a better fullback than Hornby - but Hornby is a better halve back and 5/8 than Mini :clap:

--------------------------------------------

Get your facts straight - Dont drink Draino

drake

First Grade
RC clapping himself again for a lame statement.
B1tch must have been a seal in his last life.

Different game plan this time, Goose wants someone who can run fast and catch, he doesn't need any of the other skills that Benny has.

Ribs

Bench
I guess being voted most under rated by his peers would have softened the blow somewhat.

He certainly makes our team look a lot more potent for this Friday.

Rexxy

Coach
It's nothing to do with who is the better fullback, Rooster Cockbreath.

It's all about :-

The way the game will be played, negating the influence of Lockyer
and giving Freddie a fairytale farewell before retiring to a life of a remittance man.

Gus is spot on the money with all three.

NSW 3 - 0.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Ribs said:
Ben Hornby has been dropped from the Origin side..... how harsh is that? hey have got to be kidding after his effort in the first game.

They put him in, f*ck our ability to sign him due to rep selection and then drop him.

It could also affect your Salary Cap.

As far i know, just about every player has bonuses in their contracts for playing Rep games (signed quite willingly by the Clubs :p).

That one game might mean the Dragons pay an extra $10,000 or so (or more...or less :? it's hard to be sure).

Can anyone confirm this? Or am I imagining these bonuses :oops:

Nugby

Juniors
no, you are right, hence Ribs annoyance, most players have a part of their contract stating a bonus for making origin, as well as the bonus the Blues give them (and then allow to spend on booze that night) :(

Biglance

Bench
hornby is more solid than minichello

minichello can break a game with errors and can win a game he is too inconsistent

Latest posts