What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did this happen?

Delboy

First Grade
Well, if anyone has read the article in the Sun Herald today, like I have and then amazingly found out that yoy agree with Danny Weidler, amazing.

He summed up the Folau situation perfectly, Izzy approached the NRL and then the Eels, wanted to sack the turnip that is his manager. Bingo, we got stuffed thanks to a combination of Schubert and that imbecile Moses.

Izzy has been led by his nose agaain, and I am with Stagger, that Moses will be very unwelcome if and when he takes up his seat in the Thornett stand next year.

This management team is the same one that shook hands on a deal for a Penriff player, then got in his car , drove back to panfers and said , give us another $10k and we will sign for you, What is his agreement worth, stuff all.

Our club did everything they could and got banged royally, I can see the Dogs signing Izzy as you would expect ( Moses is Greenbergs mate), hope the NRL have some balls and stand up for the game.

Still find it amazing that I can agree with anything Danny writes, maybe I will put lotto in this week.

strider

Post Whore
IT'S hard to dislike Israel Folau but recent events indicate his nickname should be Dizzy, not Izzy. Clearly, he can't make a decision on his own when it comes to his sporting future. But to hold him purely responsible for what is nothing short of a farce that only the NRL can produce would be wrong. Salary cap auditor Ian Schubert and the officials who run the game can wear a large slab of the blame for all this negative publicity surrounding Folau. If the situation was reversed, the AFL would have treated a prize recruit from rugby league royally and a deal would have been done within 48 hours to ensure maximum exposure from a feel-good story. Instead, Schubert and others have effectively driven Folau into a spin and the next person who could be run out of the game before he gets a chance to return is the biggest footballing star in either rugby code, Sonny Bill Williams. If the NRL can't get its act together and realise the value Williams brings to the code - and if registration curve-balls are thrown at him - expect a similar result to the Folau debacle at the Eels. On the day Folau rung Andrew Demetriou to quit the AFL, he also called Ricky Stuart to tell the Eels coach he wanted to play with his mates and with his brother, John Folau, a Parramatta lower-grader. Folau also told Stuart he wanted to dump his manager, Isaac Moses, because he wasn't happy with the job he was doing. According to Parramatta sources, Stuart advised Folau to concentrate on getting his football career right first and to worry about a split with his manager later. Stuart is said to have told Folau not to dump Moses because it would bring extra legal headaches into his life. Parramatta insiders have confirmed Moses called Stuart in tears when he found out. Moses has since used the line ''I have to feed my kids'' as a justification for the way he has managed Folau and others recently. Moses also boasted that the media wouldn't be too harsh on Folau or his decision to dump the Eels. Clearly he misread that one. Folau failed to dump Moses and has now put the entire Parramatta club offside after they managed to come up with a very healthy $3m offer over four seasons. Stuart was asked to comment about his dealings with Moses and Folau, and simply said: ''I'm at a father-and-son camp, my focus is on that and not Israel Folau.'' There is no doubt the rudderless NRL played a part in Folau's decision, and take it as fact that there is talk of players boycotting the All Stars game, but it is very much a last resort. At this point the players are not fully united behind the idea but there is momentum and a plan in place to not play the game again. As one leading player told me: ''We've been backed into a corner and will do what it takes.'' The players realise the All Stars game generates plenty of money for charity and is a feel-good fixture. There would be a strong backlash against them. At this point if they were to boycott the game, they would still take part in any pre-game community events. Perhaps the players should consider targeting the first round of the competition instead of a match that raises money for charity.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-mismanaged-20121201-2aobq.html#ixzz2DshBsyJM

eel01s

Bench
"Parramatta insiders have confirmed Moses called Stuart in tears when he found out. "

I love this line. Moses will obviously do anything to get what he wants, not what is best for his clients.

I hope the club doesn't deal with him again. If more clubs do the same, players won't want a bar of him.

IFR33K

Coach
"Parramatta insiders have confirmed Moses called Stuart in tears when he found out. "

I love this line. Moses will obviously do anything to get what he wants, not what is best for his clients.

I hope the club doesn't deal with him again. If more clubs do the same, players won't want a bar of him.

Well hopefully any up-and-comers will notice what this morons is like, and steer clear of him.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I also noticed in the "SHHHH " section it mentioned that players at one club have been having a sook about their new coach working them to hard . Sound familiar ?

Joely01

Bench
I also noticed in the "SHHHH " section it mentioned that players at one club have been having a sook about their new coach working them to hard . Sound familiar ?

Was thinking that sounds more like the tigers, sheens would have let Benji run training, now a new coach has them working and poor Benji and his mates are upset.

bartman

Immortal
and the next person who could be run out of the game before he gets a chance to return is the biggest footballing star in either rugby code, Sonny Bill Williams. If the NRL can't get its act together and realise the value Williams brings to the code - and if registration curve-balls are thrown at him - expect a similar result to the Folau debacle at the Eels.
Here's hoping.

take it as fact that there is talk of players boycotting the All Stars game, but it is very much a last resort. At this point the players are not fully united behind the idea but there is momentum and a plan in place to not play the game again. As one leading player told me: ''We've been backed into a corner and will do what it takes.'' The players realise the All Stars game generates plenty of money for charity and is a feel-good fixture. There would be a strong backlash against them. At this point if they were to boycott the game, they would still take part in any pre-game community events. Perhaps the players should consider targeting the first round of the competition instead of a match that raises money for charity.
If they're serious they should boycott Origin. But they won't, because that's a game through which they can improve their individuals reputations and future earning capacity, and they don't have the guts to make a stand that will also damage them in the hip pockets.

Suitman

Post Whore
I was at a cafe car wash today, and lolled at Weidlers story while reading the paper.
I was interested in the first few sentences re Foloop, but then he couldn't help himself and brought $money bill into the story.
That was the end for me.
Weedler - up there with the worst journalist's ever. I mean when it comes to scruples.

Suity

Someone

Bench
Was thinking that sounds more like the tigers, sheens would have let Benji run training, now a new coach has them working and poor Benji and his mates are upset.

I heard farah quote somewhere in a newspaper hes 'enjoying' doing a pre season before christmas for the first time in years.

Its obvious Sheens never worked them hard.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was at a cafe car wash today, and lolled at Weidlers story while reading the paper.
I was interested in the first few sentences re Foloop, but then he couldn't help himself and brought $money bill into the story.
That was the end for me.
Weedler - up there with the worst journalist's ever. I mean when it comes to scruples.

Suity
Agreed, the bloke is a Turd and on level with Moses as far as i'm concerned.

Hanscholo

Bench
All of the managers that were involved in the storm cap should have been de-registered and told never to bother applying again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Moses is de-registered, thats what I dont get, why is he allowed to negotiate ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Moses is de-registered, thats what I dont get, why is he allowed to negotiate ?

During the early negotiations, it was stated somewhere that someone from Titan was acting on Moses' behalf.
Then, in the past week, his name starting cropping up again.
I don't get it either.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
During the early negotiations, it was stated somewhere that someone from Titan was acting on Moses' behalf.
I don't get it either.

Suity

you can't stop the guy talking to people - all the NRL can really do is stop his signature being on documents ..... the suspension was always a complete joke

Suitman

Post Whore
you can't stop the guy talking to people - all the NRL can really do is stop his signature being on documents ..... the suspension was always a complete joke

Yeh, completely agree.
How could they police it anyway?
NRL = marshmellows.

Suity

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I don't get it either.

Suity

Ken Edwards was on The Rushour on MMM discussing the Falou negotiations and kept referring to conversations with Moses until Rabs mentioned the Moses ban . Kenny quickly changed his comments to " a representitive of Moses's organisation ".

Suitman

Post Whore
Ken Edwards was on The Rushour on MMM discussing the Falou negotiations and kept referring to conversations with Moses until Rabs mentioned the Moses ban . Kenny quickly changed his comments to " a representitive of Moses's organisation ".

LOL - sprung.
So, what do the NRL do about it?
Yep, that's right - 100% of f**k all.

Suity

lingard

Coach
Here's hoping.

If they're serious they should boycott Origin. But they won't, because that's a game through which they can improve their individuals reputations and future earning capacity, and they don't have the guts to make a stand that will also damage them in the hip pockets.

I wouldn`t damage my chances of promotion and extra earnings just to make a point either. Added to that, Origin is (unfortunately) the pinnacle of Rugby League greatness that all players aspire to or dream about. I can`t say I blame them, realy.

Latest posts