What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is the King Wan & Bistro food?

Frenzy.

Immortal
hmmm

I thought the official line all the way through had been "we are co operating with ASADA"

Could it be the legal counsel are stopping the players talking? That article makes it look like the club is stonewalling.

Surely

Post Whore
The senate is expected to begin debate next week on legislation put forward by Labor to beef up powers for ASADA. Labor is trying to secure the passage of the bill, and yesterday met with the Greens and ASADA to better explain the measures.

Beef up powers hey, looks like the govt want to get some scalps one way or another.

Ausguy

Coach
That's harsh newms. I know you are having a bad week but the bistro is better than that rating.

newman

First Grade
That's harsh newms. I know you are having a bad week but the bistro is better than that rating.

I haven't been there in ages but I remember it as being bog average club bistro food, which is pretty crap really. I

IT’S hard enough defending your first premiership title without having to also run the local Chinese restaurant.

What’s The Buzz can reveal owners of the famous King Wan restaurant inside Cronulla Leagues Club have done the bolt, owing about $100,000.

On top of preparing for today’s big match against Penrith at Pepper Stadium, the Sharks have now had to take over the restaurant and dish out springs rolls and dim sims.

c050dc3df0f46e2e87beafc29259b0c6

Sharks skipper Paul Gallen could end up in the kitchen. Artwork: Scott 'Boo' Bailey
King Wan is a Shire favourite, having served up many meals to your regular columnist, Phil “Buzz” Rothfield.

Staff continue to run the restaurant with the help of the Sharks, who issued a termination notice due to expire on Thursday. Owner Tony Leung also allegedly fled the King Wan restaurant inside Tradies at Caringbah. He’s left debt at both locations.

Cronulla officials are talking to staff, including the chefs, to see whether there is a desire to continue running the restaurant.

Police haven’t yet been called.

“There is certainly a commitment by us to ensure it stays open and continues business as usual. There is a determination within the legal parameters to continue to provide the service,” Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman said. “We are trying to get all the facts. We are exploring all the possible models.”

Asked would skipper Paul Gallen jump into the kitchen to help out, Gorman joked: “I reckon ‘Gal’ and the boys would do a mean dim sim. A few of the young blokes reckon they can cook a bit, too. All hands on deck. I can cook a mean wok. And a good sweet and sour.”

In 1999, then Sharks president Peter Gow infamously used scissors to cut up a St George jersey in front of shocked King Wan patrons. It prompted an altercation with former Dragons forward Barry Beath and ultimately led to Gow’s resignation.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/a0ea69dc6c0baec28c4672003a5d49c6

Quigs

Immortal
Blacktip-reefy, Newman & Ausguy...3 forum wankers right there.

Thank god we don't have to put up with their dribble anymore!

Spot on Cardy, I couldn't agree more. But I tell you something some of these new guys are not munch better. Pretty ordinary actually.