What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Damage has Hunt done to this Club

mickeylane

Bench
Seriously after missing out on AFB how much of his decision has to do w what Hunt has said about the club and his public outpouring asking for a release 6 mnths ago.

You can blame the board but id be walking Hunt out the door today.. irreparable damage to the club ……by the incumbent Australian hooker mind you …

Illusion

Bench
Seriously after missing out on AFB how much of his decision has to do w what Hunt has said about the club and his public outpouring asking for a release 6 mnths ago.

You can blame the board but id be walking Hunt out the door today.. irreparable damage to the club ……by the incumbent Australian hooker mind you …
Yep said the same the damage had been done , but he layed the slipper in when we were down ...... He will start again about wanting out after no signings ......

redVinme

Bench
Hunt needs to go. No one will do business with us though so it is what it is. He will leave us at end of contract and we will have a team full of overpriced reserved graders because the league is set up to punish struggling clubs by forcing them to spend cap space further skewing in favour of newscorp clubs etc.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

I agree, let him leave. He'll play like those games last year after being told he won't be released. He won't have his heart in it. He hasn't attracted any other talent to the team. Piss him off.

Gardenia

Juniors
I agree, let him leave. He'll play like those games last year after being told he won't be released. He won't have his heart in it. He hasn't attracted any other talent to the team. Piss him off.
Might as well let the poor guy go. It’s embarrassing and sad enough being a fan. Imagine having to play in the team.
f**k it we may as well just fold .
Save the pain

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Might as well let the poor guy go. It’s embarrassing and sad enough being a fan. Imagine having to play in the team.
f**k it we may as well just fold .
Save the pain
I agree. I'm sure Webb and Flanno did some fancy talking to get Hunt to stay, including promises of a better squad, promises which have no hope of eventuating in 2024. You're not the only one having dark thoughts. I'm still trying to work out if Flannagan can turn things around, or whether he's a snake-oil salesman. I'm prepared to give him a bit longer but I'm not very hopeful.

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree. I'm sure Webb and Flanno did some fancy talking to get Hunt to stay, including promises of a better squad, promises which have no hope of eventuating in 2024. You're not the only one having dark thoughts. I'm still trying to work out if Flannagan can turn things around, or whether he's a snake-oil salesman. I'm prepared to give him a bit longer but I'm not very hopeful.
There has been a lot of "in Flanno we trust". He has had runs on the board in the past punctuated with a long suspension and being assistant at the Dragons and the Sea Eagles. He needs a lot of time to work on our roster and now that we missed out on AFB in particular, he needs to identify who he should target and do it with precision and no stones left unturned and seal the deal. Getting the likes of his son, Sele, Eisenhuth, Allen were easy peasy. From his failure to get the likes of AFB he will learn to hit while the iron is hot and keep things close to his chest.

56to66

Juniors
Times have certainly changed for the worse,
Cost of Living, Housing Crisis thanks to successive governments selling Australia to overseas millionaires, being ripped off in energy and fuel, listening to smart ass scumulla supporters remind us we've only won 1 premiership, B Hunt, AFB and Amone, a very tough xmas to enjoy.
The best present St George can give there supporters is to go back to the 15 premiership winning St George Dragons.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hunt comes in and Saints bring in Corey Norman and let go of Widdop. A couple of years later Mary gone and they bring in Griffin, together with McCullough, Maguire and co. Is it Hunt's fault, probably not as he is making his suggestions. But it appears the board are listening to them all and hence why they are in the $hite.

Or is it just a huge coincidence that Hunt and all his mates ended up at the Dragons at one stage and gave us some terrible seasons to remember? And now that his mates are gone he want's out which makes things worse.