What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How on earth........

... have we only lost 1 of our last 4 matches? :-k

We can't hold the ball and have no direction in attack yet there appears to be some teams that are worse than us? :shock:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Deadset heart attack material we are. Make it so difficult at times that it's almost unwatchable at times. But 4 from 6 isn't too shabby considering we have to click and get it right sometime.

H.H

Juniors
Deadset heart attack material we are. Make it so difficult at times that it's almost unwatchable at times. But 4 from 6 isn't too shabby considering we have to click and get it right sometime.

Yeah that last 20 was excrutiating...some of it was unbelievable....the field goal rubbish was the start of the end.....thatnk f**k we held on.

Anyway, really hope we can build on this start and improve. I can't help feel that we will and I just feel that Moga is gonna play a big role in where we end up.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
First attempt at field goal was fine except it was missed from 10 out right in front. The fact we tried 2 more times was ridiculous. Just wanted Pearce to either try for another set or roll it into touch and close it out.

We don't do that ever and it's something we need to start doing. Structured sets and sensible football when it's needed.

Going for FG with 15 on the clock was dumb and gave the opposition some hope. What's wrong with grubbers and trying to get repeat sets? Titans were looking buggered too.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I'm as stunned as the next person that we are 4/6..

The all ad lib game plan frustrates the crap out of me..If we had 2 or 3 set plays to go to we would've put an extra 20 on them..

The mistakes straight after we score points is punishing too..It's like they want to be under the pump..

We've got some good sides coming up in the next few weeks,who most likely won't let us get away with the rubbish we've been serving up,so i hope we don't have too many more "Melbourne like" embarrassments..

We've got to start showing some sort of threat down the left side though..If we keep going right all the time the good sides will eat it up..

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Going for FG with 15 on the clock was dumb and gave the opposition some hope. What's wrong with grubbers and trying to get repeat sets? Titans were looking buggered too.

this

frustrates the shit out of me that we cant seem to bring ourselves to try for a repeat set.

the phrase 'build pressure' is definitley not in our play book.

id be curious to see the stats on teams forcing repeat sets. i imagine we would be well towards the bottom of the list.

someone needs to pull braith and jr jr aside and explain to them that we dont have to score of every set. build pressure and points will come ffs.

I honestly don't think we've been as bad as some people make out. We were rightly spanked in the second half against Melbourne but we were well in it during the first half except they let the bad decisions get to them.

Very strong against NZ, good defence against Canberra. Quite an off day against Penrith and even though we had little ball in the second half against the scabs they defended and scrambled well and when we finally had a little momentum got the job done.

The biggest killer this season has been ball handling. Against the scabs, Canberra and last night it has been atrocious, especially last night & round one to constantly cough up the ball in our own just puts the team under enormous pressure.

I think the win last night was very much similar to the final round win against Cowboys in 2010 - totaly inept, shit performance but 2 points all the same. Fully deserved the win in the other 3 though.

Valheru

Coach
I can’t say we are the best team to ever be 4 from 6 but I still feel we deserve to be where we are.

The defence has been really good for 11 halves of football with the 2nd half against Melbourne the only exception. Our attack still lacks polish but hopefully that steadily improves as the season wears on.

adamkungl

Immortal
Carney's been quiet but making the difference between Cronulla winning and losing in close matches.

As for us... yeah, defence is winning us games. Our attack has looked good in patches but my god we should have put the Tits to the sword.

adamkungl

Immortal
tbh no matter how good we are Penriff are at least a once a year write off. merkins f**ked

Valheru

Coach
Losses to Penrith don’t surprise me anymore. No matter where they are placed we just don’t beat them with the semi in 2010 being a notable exception.

I remember in 2001 or whenever they got the spoon we still lost to them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Even in Rnd 3, 2003 they still beat us. We were flying high after beating the Eels and Knights in Rnds 1 & 2 and they had lost their first two.

That win probably set them on their way that year.

Panthers truly are our bogey team.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Struggle to explain how we have won 4 as well, hardly inspiring performances except against the warriors

eozsmiles

Bench
Struggle to explain how we have won 4 as well, hardly inspiring performances except against the warriors

Got out of trouble in round 1 so it should be 3-3. And the Raiders had scored two tries then got smashed with injuries before the Roosters won ugly. Could very well be 2-4 if they kept Dugan and Fensom on the park.

But that's the beauty of the ladder - it doesn't say how you win, it says how often. You've got the points in the bank.