What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will the Toyota Cup affect the QLD Cup?

Brycey

Juniors
With major QRL admins being against the TC due to fear of how it will affect the local QLD comp, do you think it will dilute the playing talent in the QRL and overall diverte interest in future generations to the youth comp instead of the local QLD comp.

Bomber

Bench
Many of the players who currently play in the Qld Cup would be ineligible for the Toyota Cup purely because of their age - fringe first-graders such as Rod Jensen therefore won't be able to play for the Young Guns but will still need a team to play in.

From what I hear, there has been a bid from Cairns to join the Qld Cup as a feeder club/associate of the Cowboys. I think Mackay may be putting a rival bid in as well, although I haven't heard much from that area for a while. Either way, I'm sure the Cowboys will maintain a presence in the Qld Cup.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
novacastrian_panther said:
Jensen will probably just be part of the QLD cup with another team?
The Cowboys will be sending their over 20 players to Cairns and Mackay if both get in the comp next year.