What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How you spell H-I-S-T-O-R-Y

Rexxy

Coach
This is how the Charity Shield count is represented officially....

"In the 21 Charity Shields contested so far the balance is with St George
(Illawarra) - 13 wins, one draw and five losses"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's other examples.
In 2002, the Dragons official website reported that Wes Naiqama secured an all grades club record by scoring 38 points in one match in Jersey Flegg.
The article at http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_798.asp states:
Naiqama crossed for five tries and kicked nine goals from as many attempts to surpass the joint record of 36 points held by Les Griffin and Jack Lindwall.
Griffin scored two tries and kicked 15 goals in 1935 while playing for St George and Lindwall made his mark with six tries and nine goals in 1947 while also donning the ‘Red V’.

That's good and well but at what is billed as the official club store in Rockdale Rebel you'll find lot's of merchandise with "established 1999" on it.

Last time I was there they where selling bumper stickers that read "St George Illawarra, est 1999"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Do your best Mr Angry. lol
Daithi, that's an ordinary effort from Rebel Sports. But it's the first time I've heard of bumper stickers being described as being something official.
The same store would be quick to sell Norm Provan's jersey if they came across it.

What I'm saying is that it's meant to be the official supporters store.

I'm sure the club must have control over what is sold there. I was going to take a pic lol.

Rexxy

Coach
I buzzed three bike riders in Sutho tonight. Their stupid looks and their soiled lycra pants made my night.

One day i will win the grand prize.

Patience my pet, patience.

cussy

Juniors
Jimbo you must be someones mother in law because you go on about the same shit all the time

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Surely we can have discussions here without someone chucking the proverbial brown eye. I've deleted Jimbo's post. It's getting silly now mate. Read a book or rent a video. Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Daithi O'Conaill said:
What I'm saying is that it's meant to be the official supporters store.

I'm sure the club must have control over what is sold there. I was going to take a pic lol.
lol. I look forward to that. If you're half fair dinkum, send it over.

Speaking of history I was going through my crap the other day and I found the Sept 5 2002 issue of the Leader. That was the week the club announced it was returning home.

You might be interested in it Willow for your website it's got a photo of Johnny Raper at Kogarah under the headline "Dragons Back!".

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've got that one Daithi. Thanks.
R2K was good enough to put it in the post.
Its getting a little newspaper faded so I'll have to make a copy of it.

drake

First Grade
I remember seeing those 'established 1999' shirts a while back at Peter Wynns and feeling quite disgusted that we were relegated to such.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have one of those NFL type shirts that have the red '99' on the front. Never really given it that much thought til now. But St George Illawarra first started in '99, that mean we don't keep our history before that though

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Craigshark said:
cussy said:
Jimbo you must be someones mother in law because you go on about the same sh*t all the time

Read your own signature, hypocrite!

Profound... :roll:

The whole 'St.George don't exist' argument is really just Sharks fans clutching at straws because they know they have nothing. To me an I'm sure to most Dragon fans St.George still exist as St.George Illawarra, it's only a name. It doesn't matter what some numptys say about only being around for 6 years, and the record books and such and such, I just don't care what they think.

RICHO

Juniors
This is how the Charity Shield count is represented officially....

"In the 21 Charity Shields contested so far the balance is with St George
(Illawarra) - 13 wins, one draw and five losses"

Don't show this to the Sharks fans, they'll get confused.

Too right we'll get confused.
13 wins + 1 draw + 5 losses = 19 games.
What happened to the other 2 "Charity Shield" games?
:?