What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How's Lomu doing?

yankeerugger

Juniors
Living in the states, it is hard to follow rugby (either union or league), so my ability to keep up with the ins and outs of the Raiders is severly limited....

Last year when Lomu was signed late in the season, his performances were suspect to say the least, as he gained top grade experince. His best performances were off the bench and mostly in a defensive role if memory serves me correct.

How is he doing this year?

Leethal

Juniors
Not too bad. If he can remain injury free, he'll be very good. He has stated a goal to represent NZ, I believe.

Mal Meninga

Bench
He said before the Knights or Roosters game that he wanted the selectors to have something to think about in reguards to his selection.
He's not making it hard for them at the moment!

legend

Coach
I think he's rubbish with less stamina than Ryan O'Hara if that's possible.

Another player taking up valuable cap space who does not deserve it!

Kris_man

Bench
Livin' La Vida Lomu!! He's going ok, although we haven't seen the best of him yet. Andy's not being used to maximum effect atm imo, when used effectively he can be very damaging.

Roy Rover

Juniors
He looked alright last season but is yet to do much so far this year.
He's one of those guys that looks to have potential but just doesn't seem angry enough.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
i have a theory regarding Lomu, he seems to go far better when he has the nude nut, when he has hair on his head he just doesn't seem to go as good

Kris_man

Bench
Valiant_Raider said:
i have a theory regarding Lomu, he seems to go far better when he has the nude nut, when he has hair on his head he just doesn't seem to go as good
:lol: I used to say the same thing about Matty Sing...then he went to the Cowboys and back to top form - with hair!!

thickos

First Grade
I thought Lomu was pretty good against the Broncos. Made some good metres. His durability is questionable though - pulled after the opening 15 mins. If it was tactical then fine but a prop should last longer.

hotdogs

Juniors
i don't think he's that spectacular, i've seen better!!!! he's very average and he just seems to do his thing and nothing more. i don't think he's a prop yet elliott seems content in doing so. he doesn't have the guts for the position. i'm not convinced he's gonna do any better and it seems his days are numbered in the NRL, apparently he doesn't like it down here and now want out. just a thought after reading everyones posts that he wants to play for NZ well just looking in yesterdays paper with everyone going on about Karmicheal Hunt playing for oz well thats really the same lomu playing for nz, apparently hes not a nzer not born there and never lived there, so whys he wanting to play for them. he should be playing for aussie or the island where his family is originally from. just interesting after that yeserday, seems to be if you can't play for aussie go to NZ and in hindmarshes case go to france!!!