What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

King-Gutho94

Coach

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Rothfield on the Reschs again. He was poor towards the end of his time with Parra and his attitude wasn't great. No-one in the NRL wanted him at the time.

Happy for French. He appears to have pulled his head in over there and is finally fulfilling his talent.

T-Boon

Coach
I would prefer him to any of our outside backs at the moment. I thought the decision to punt him was hasty. He had a few horrible games it has to be conceded.

T-Boon

Coach
Id suggest both he and Field would now be on big money given their standing over there.
yeah French would have had offers from NRL clubs but the amount he is paid over there coupled with it being difficult to assess what level his game is at would mean he is too much risk. He should come back on a 1 year smallish contract ($300k).

yy_cheng

Coach
I just remembered that he had this knack of always being around the ball when there is a try scoring opportunity. He was always there. However, he was too small and would get ragged dolled. But that's because he was playing wing.

I liked Bevan but wouldn't know where to play him. Maybe FB if Guth ever left

T-Boon

Coach
Yep. French would be great in my version of RL where it is 9 aside and a 2 mtre on side one.
He probably will struggle under 10m zone given that is a recipe for everyone just being massive.

The Colonel

Immortal
Parramatta let him go, definitely, and but explain why very few NRL clubs lining up to sign him to play fullback or in the halves....

He would be on more coin in the ESL than he would expect to make in Australia for a start.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
his attack was good but inconsistent but his defense was crap which is probabaly why NRL teams aren't chasing him

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bevan hit the scene similar to Morts like he was shot out of a cannon and on fire in his rookie season.

Unfortunately he was probably victim of a miserable season in 2018 where everyone's output was down and Bevan didnt help himself either.

We could have done with Bevan at the back in the 2017 finals series when his form was decent especially when Gutho went down with his knee late in the season.

Bevan and Gutho were the only 2 blokes on the injury list just unfortunate both were FBs.

Will Smith slipping over right in front of where i was sitting trying to catch a bomb and the cowboys scoring still leaves a painful memory in my mind from that game.

84 Baby

Referee
n5ebMxv.gif