What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt agrees to monster 6 year deal.

Is hunt a good signing or not?

• Yeah mate

Votes: 97 84.3%
  • Nah mate

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Yeah Nah mate

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters

paul wright

Juniors
I find it odd the club wasn't the one to announce what would have to be the biggest signing in regards to length and value? this may come today but a bit suss.
in saying that if true, yes good player, good future, best young half on the market.
what worries me this year is how widdop will react? I think he will be the one to go, most likely have told club he is heading back to uk next year. (otherwise where would this money come from?) I think with Field and Dufty coming through this year that will be it for Widdop and Duges next year. that frees up a lot of coin..

hazzbeen

Bench
Finally a genuine half of good quality has signed with us ...he will become a huge signing for us with all these kids coming through in next couple of years with a huge pack like ours exciting times ahead...just need Hasler next to mould a potentially premiership winning team...this is great news..go the dragons
This signing could also attract better players wanting to come here , he might have signed knowing we will have a different coach also ....

JDHD

Juniors
I find it odd the club wasn't the one to announce what would have to be the biggest signing in regards to length and value? this may come today but a bit suss.
in saying that if true, yes good player, good future, best young half on the market.
what worries me this year is how widdop will react? I think he will be the one to go, most likely have told club he is heading back to uk next year. (otherwise where would this money come from?) I think with Field and Dufty coming through this year that will be it for Widdop and Duges next year. that frees up a lot of coin..

There's a two week cooling off period and that hasn't elapsed yet. The clubs can't announce anything until that time elapses or you could wind up with a DCE situation

Qdf

Juniors
There's a two week cooling off period and that hasn't elapsed yet. The clubs can't announce anything until that time elapses or you could wind up with a DCE situation
Doust announced the Tim Moultsen deal prematurely and came up with egg all over his face.
Not even a dunce like Doust would fall for that again.

since77

Juniors
I really think the Dragons have dropped the ball with this signing.......

Sorry someone had to say it ;)

JDHD

Juniors
how will bennet react to hunt this season?????? will we see hunt at saints this season????

No way.

Even if Bennett wanted Hunt gone (and there are a lot of rumours circulating that he's been shopped around) the Dragons' cap is pretty full and the Broncos are perpetually over the cap. One club would have to pay the difference and neither can afford to.

St Tangles

Bench
I like the signing if true.

The only things that concern me are the amount & the fact that it is giving me flashbacks to the Brent Sherwin 5 year contract and his massive form slump after that.

He is a genuine half not having multiple no. 6's running the show can only be a bonus.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't think he is worth 1mill a year though.

Neither do he Dragons.

$6 million for 5 years with an option for a sixth in Hunt's favour. (According to news outlets this morning)

So $1.2 million a season.

Every man and his dog slagged off Manly fpr spending that sort of money on DCE to a long term deal. Watch the backtracking now....

rainman44

Bench
Neither do he Dragons.

$6 million for 5 years with an option for a sixth in Hunt's favour. (According to news outlets this morning)

Every man and his dog slagged off Manly fpr spending that sort of money on DCE to a long term deal. Watch the backtracking now....
It's not $1.2 sorry to disappoint you.

Dragsters

First Grade
Neither do he Dragons.

Pretty sure I've read 5 million over 6 years but I guess we won't know until it's a done deal and even then maybe not.

What's not in question is the fact that he is the most consistent halfback on the market and will be an asset for sure.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Pretty sure I've read 5 million over 6 years but I guess we won't know until it's a done deal and even then maybe not.

What's not in question is the fact that he is the most consistent halfback on the market and will be an asset for sure.

I'm not on here to troll and say you have done the wrong thing.

Just pointing out the fact it was a farce when we did it, now its a great idea.

You guys needed a Hunt so fair play.

Latest posts