What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Finals Week One

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The season finally gets serious. After this weekend six will become four.

hal2012-13-fw1.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perth and Roar.

Which sets up a WSW v PG and CCM v ROAR prelim week if I'm not mistaken.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I know Perth beat the Victory a few weeks ago but weren't there a few missing for Melbourne that day?

Victory and the Roar will progress to the second week IMO.

Ridders

Coach
High drama. Perth get a penalty with a chance to wrap the game up. Smelt hits cross bar. Minute later Victory get a penalty plus a Perth player sent off. Milligan coverts.

Pretty soft pen tbh. Perth unlucky

Game going to ET.

Watching the replay the decision is even worse. Not only does Nabboud use his hand to control the ball, he clearly dives to get the pen.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Yeah soft penalty but no need for Pantelidis to have even laid a hand on him.

Agreed although the fact that Nabbout uses his arm to control the ball makes it even worse. Perth got hosed. In saying in that Smeltz could have sealed it with his pen.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
On the one hand I feel sorry for Perth because of how close they came, but on the other I'm glad a team's not going to win it from 6th position.

BDR

First Grade
Despite the interesting finish thought it was boring ass game. Victory didn't really deserve it tbh. Next.

Latest posts