What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i agree with phil gould (yes i actually said that)

mark this day in your diaries...is the apocalypse upon us? :crazy:

Phil Gould says New South Wales must play Jarryd Hayne at fullback

By Paul Malone
May 27, 2010
New South Wales' greatest State of Origin coach Phil Gould has called for selectors to break the chains on Jarryd Hayne and pick him at fullback for the return game in Brisbane.
Privately, Queensland's brains trust had been content before Wednesday night's game with NSW's decision to play Hayne on the wing and Kurt Gidley at fullback.
Parramatta's match-winner finds the wing constricting and it is hard for him to accept the limitations of the role.
Unused to the positioning requirements, he proved woefully indecisive in two of Queensland tries.
Gould, NSW's six-time series winner, said after Queensland's 28-24 win that coach Craig Bellamy had a decision to make for the return game in Brisbane.
Bellamy has so far liked the leadership his captain Gidley can exert from fullback, but he realises he will not be given a fourth series in 2011 in which to end NSW's run out of outs.
"They have Australia's best fullback Jarryd Hayne on the wing and that's a dilemma," Gould said on Channel 9.
Hayne, handed the first try of the game when opposite number Darius Boyd dropped a bomb, conceded the first try to Queensland when he came in off his wing,
could not stop Johnathan Thurston's pass over the top and watched Boyd score.
Then in the try to put the Maroons out to an eight-point lead with 17 minutes left, Hayne and replacement centre Jamal Idris were mystified by the face-ball
from Thurston to Greg Inglis and Inglis's rapid-fire passes with Boyd.
But Hayne did produce a moment of strength and desperation in the second half when he and centre Timana Tahu forced a try-bound Inglis over the sideline,
holding him up over the tryline for good measure.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27184098-5018993,00.html

Last edited:

Someone

Bench
Already a thread about this, really starting to piss me off.

Any fool would suggest Hayne should play fullback.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee Gus is a mental giant of the game,

talk about stating the bloody obvious

eel4life

Juniors
Gould, NSW's six-time series winner,

Seriously, he understands what players are needed to win a series, love him or hate him i wish he would coach the blues ...

Bellamy is a waste wins games that don't matter ...

Selectors should put their hands up and say we have no idea ...

junior009

Juniors
Bellamy is faced with a decision. Swallow his pride, admit he was wrong, pick Hayne at fullback and have a chance of winning. OR, stick to his guns, lose and forever be remembered as the coach who could only win when his club cheated and when he stepped up to rep level failed.....miserably.

Oh and while I'm at it the closest Ben Creagh should ever come to a blue jersey in the future is when he plays parra, Newcastle, gold coast or the dogs. I've seen enough of that fairy boy to last me a lifetime.

I'm now fully expecting a MOM performance tomorrow night from said fairy boy!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Apparently Daley on Fox today was wrapping Gidley deluxe, and he won players player :? I can't see this Nuffy being moved from fullback 'Sigh'

Djay

Juniors
Gidley is horrible IMO, It's a no brainer that Hayne should be at fullback. But the selectors won't pick him there.

Nickeel

Juniors
Gus also suggested ages ago that Hindmarsh should captain NSW.

Wouldn't get an argument from me.

Nick

Latest posts