What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I called held"

Big Tim

First Grade
During todays game, I was listening to the sports ears and was right in front of a turning point in the match.

The Raiders front rower took the ball up, got lifted in a tackle and tries to offload. The ball landed on the ground, Danny picks it up and, after a struggle, puts the ball down over the line next to the posts.

Hooray!!! We are now 14 all with an easy kick to come......

WRONG!!!!!

As Archer put it him self:

"I called held"

We get a scrum. Where the f**k is the advantage???

And dont get me started on why we didnt get a penalty try in the first half.

Jedda

Juniors
On the telly coverage it clearly showed that Bedsy stripped the ball from the tackled player. The Knights were lucky to get the scrum feed.

Alex28

Coach
we were lucky to get a scrum. bedsy stripped the player of the ball.

if it went to the video ref - it's a penalty to the Raiders.

Don't blame the ref - we lost because we suck.

Big Tim

First Grade
I didnt see a strip, but I was at the game and didnt see a replay.

You saw the game on tv, why wasnt there a penalty try to Carmont?

Hazem is on report cos he tried to kick Burt, well whoever the dickhead was, he just drove his knees into Carmont and didnt attempt to even get down and hold the player up.

If Carmont doesnt score it would have been a penalty, so what is the difference if he actually gets the try? It just shows how inept referees are.

Big Tim

First Grade
not that I heard. He didnt return to the game. I think it was an obvious time to call a penalty try.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Alex28 said:
did the ref actually warn the Raiders player for using his knees on Carmont?
Nope.

I saw a replay on the screen, but all it showed was Buderus picking it up, so that' why I thought he lost it.

knights 2004

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
During todays game, I was listening to the sports ears and was right in front of a turning point in the match.

The Raiders front rower took the ball up, got lifted in a tackle and tries to offload. The ball landed on the ground, Danny picks it up and, after a struggle, puts the ball down over the line next to the posts.

Hooray!!! We are now 14 all with an easy kick to come......

WRONG!!!!!

As Archer put it him self:

"I called held"

We get a scrum. Where the f**k is the advantage???

And dont get me started on why we didnt get a penalty try in the first half.

yeah i just got smashed for saying the same thing man, haha

cram

Bench
ITS TIME.....ITS TIME....I have been one that has in some ways called for calm and at times thought that some posters here have been very hard on the coach and others.

After today...well what can I say. I could go to football every week and watch us be beaten in the manner we were last week against the Bulldogs. At least there was some suggestion of heart and effort.

Today well what can u say. In the second half we must have had near 80% of the football and we looked like useless individuals......We were not a TEAM.

Explain to me why our interchange bench results in Simpson playing in the Centres for most of the game?????? How can this be.

I am frustrated and annoyed...I have nothing more to say about this very ordinary performance

Big Tim

First Grade
Carmont was illegally kneed in the midsection and couldnt return.

Who would you have put in the centres?

Gene Krupa

Referee
cram said:
Explain to me why our interchange bench results in Simpson playing in the Centres for most of the game?????? How can this be.

We lost two players this game and we had no utility backs on the bench.

~bedsy~

First Grade
cram said:
After today...well what can I say. I could go to football every week and watch us be beaten in the manner we were last week against the Bulldogs. At least there was some suggestion of heart and effort.

I agree with that. I could sit through games like last week even if we lose.

Apparently Simmo went to the centres because his fast. That's why Quigley went to the 2nd row.

cram

Bench
So who was our utility player who could play centre????? Carmont was under an injury cloud prior to the game. What was our fall back position?

Jedda

Juniors
I too thought it a strange choice to keep Simpson out in the centres after half time. Surely Quigley would have been better option.

Considering he's used to playing hooker and playing a ball distributing role then he could have provided better service to Salkeld and maybe even got him involved more in the game.

What was with Tighe taking all the kicks? I noticed Kidley's thigh was still strapped, so maybe he's still having problems with that quad tear?

Big Tim

First Grade
Tighe has always been the goal kicker in lower grades.

Maybe he has been hitting them better throughout the week.

Jedda

Juniors
Thanks for the info Tim.

Looks like Tighe needs to work on his dropouts though, cause many of them today were pretty shaky.

Can't he play 5/8 as well? Could be worth a shot at having Kidley at halfback and getting Tighe more involved at 5/8 with Witt back to Premier League.

Big Tim

First Grade
He was never that good at 5/8. He exploded when he moved to the centres. He needs to play there and not on the wing.

Latest posts