What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

IanG

Coach
Dunno why some of you guy are even crying about it.

Who was it that said "it takes a real man to wear pink"?

Charlie124

First Grade
Pink socks are fine, the Dragons can get away with the pink V and I'll make an exception for the Panthers, but everyone else should stop doing the f**king pink thing. It's shameful.

You're a deadbeat.

The pink jerseys have nothing to do with "looking good", its about raising awareness and saying thanks to all of the women involved in the game. Do you mock people who do the shave for a cure every year and complain that they look better with hair??

gUt

Coach
I don't care. The jerseys themselves add nothing. Give the cause the same amount of media coverage, exposure, promotion, whatever. It's all good, except pink jerseys. They are f**king terrible on the players.

EDIT It's bad enough that the refs run around in pink every week.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Maybe a round dedicated to ethnic minority's where all the woman have to wear a headscarf or burka and no alcohol is served.
Could have a public hanging of a gay man for half time entertainment.

MightyBronco

Juniors
The colour of jerseys aside, this week is important as it's pretty obvious the Rugby League community has a problem with women - this forum included. Take for example, how some posters here reply to the user "broncomum"

Don't piss on any seats tonight drongomum

I hope you didn't piss where you sat last night.

Do you piss on seats aswell?

You cant have a dry seat and a piss at the same time.

I think the OP is just taking the piss (on her seat at Suncorp)

Skankomum you do know the V is for sex and the A is for pooping don't you?
Seat pisser.

don't try explaining to her, she pisses on seats :lol:

just a quick sample i was able to dig up in a few minutes. These are direct replies to quotes from Broncomum. I also note that her last activity was on the 13th of this month, just after the latest round of abuse.

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
I thought the jerseys looked good, and theyre for a great cause. My Mrs and her mother both asked me why the teams were wearing pink jerseys and were pleased to hear the reason. So for non-footy watchers and the casual observer, the jerseys catch the eye and start a conversation, which is their intended purpose.

Some people just like to complain about anything out of the ordinary.

I agree.
I've seen a fair few pink jerseys on the odd-occasion as well. So there goes the myth that no one buys them.

clarency

Juniors
Jesus christ. NRL fans have without doubt the largest population of whinging little b*tches I've ever seen.

It's one f*cking round.

Noone gives a sh*t what you think about them because they aren't marketed to you.

They sell amazingly well and do an enormous job of spreading the message.

I'd swear some of you are mentally challenged.

Evenflow

Bench
Jesus christ. NRL fans have without doubt the largest population of whinging little b*tches I've ever seen.

It's one f*cking round.

Noone gives a sh*t what you think about them because they aren't marketed to you.

They sell amazingly well and do an enormous job of spreading the message.

I'd swear some of you are mentally challenged.

This. Especially the first and last lines, sums up Loudtwat perfectly.

/Thread

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Madunit, the pink jerseys give that impression to no one with a brain - like you..

The NRL had done plenty to improve the status of women - and so have the clubs. Anyway, ask the chick who made the Brett Stuart allegations, or the women on Greg Bird and Robert Lui if your statement is true gimp.

f**k off idiot. I didn't say the pink jerseys gave me that impression you dimwitted moron

GAZF

First Grade
I am aware of breast cancer. Can we stop wearing pink now?

We're so aware of breast cancer that other causes are losing awareness. Pinkwashing is a worldwide fad at the moment like how AIDS red ribbons were 15-20 years ago.

Breast cancer isn't the only affliction that affects women. Why doesn't a team grow some balls and wear an all white jersey for violence against women, or postnatal depression, or HPV? Not just something that happens to sell well.

Personally, I'd rather not see playing jerseys change for any cause unless its a one game major sponsorship or logo patch.

Latest posts