What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Got Chills

Cletus

First Grade
Anyone see it win the first yesterday? Looks like it'll be a very nice horse.

I missed the first, but sounded impressive on radio. Both wins have been by all reports. Talk yesterday about running her in the lightning with 44kg on her back as a 2 year old. She'd fly with that sort of weight

Nuffs

Bench
silly for them to run in the lightning. they should send her out for a spell now and wait for the diamond

but if you've got a horse that is as good as this one, why not turn up and collect lots of money

i didn't like her odds but it was some extra spending money for me when she won

Macca_

Coach
Where will they find someone to ride at 44?

Was very impressive. Waiting to see if there is any form behind it though. Early 2yr old form can be decieving.

That's what I want to know... who can ride at 44?? It would have to be a young apprentice. Be interesting to see if they do though

Macca_

Coach
The Lightning would be a non claiming race for apprentices too right? So I think there is no chance of that.

Macca_

Coach
Sorry, I forgot you can't cut a chunk out of someone :lol: Was thinking someone at 47kg could claim 3 and ride at 44. That would of course mean chopping an arm off :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Injury stops I Got Chills -

Two-year-old excitement machine, I Got Chills has succumbed to injury and will not run in Saturday week's G3 Maribyrnong Plate at Flemington.
I Got Chills was discovered to have a bone chip after her exhilarating win in the Listed Tattersall’s Stakes over 1000m at Moonee Valley last Saturday.
The filly, trained by David Hayes, made some very good two-year-olds look second rate with an awesome performance winning by an extraordinary seven lengths. However the filly reported pulled up scratchy the following day race and subsequent checks have revealed a bone chip in a knee.
I Got Chills will be operated on today and will then spell.
Hayes believes it is now unlikely the filly will recover in time for a tilt at the Group One Blue Diamond at Caulfield on February 25.
At her only other start, I Got Chills won by four and a half lengths in the Listed Maribyrnong Stakes over 1000m at Flemington on October 1st and in the process landing a substantial betting plunge.
Hayes has declared I Got Chills is the best juvenile to come out of Lindsay Park since Desirable.
The full extent of the injury will be known tomorrow.

Nuffs

Bench
slipper maybe?

or hopefully it'll come back even stronger as a 3yo and contest the major sprints in the spring 06/autumn 07