What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I missed the White Stripes revolution....

Moffo

Referee
But recently listened to the cd with hardest button to button and shit its a solid effort. One of the most listenable to CD's ive heard.....No fillers in that lot, great effort

What does everyone else think??

Cheers,
Moffo

miccle

Bench
imo it's a pretty bland and boring cd. Nothing at all unique, nothing special and doesn't really sound like a completed effort. Not at all bad to throw on in the background I guess, but there's no way I'd part with any of my money to own a copy.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The White Stripes are OK, but Jack White ripped off Darcy Clay BIG time with that cover of "Jolene".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny how they call them selves a band.

Jack White is pretty good, but his drummer is lousy

I'd like to hear him play in a real band with a bass and good drummer, he would be so much better

Godz Illa

Coach
Moffo said:
What does everyone else think??
The White Stripes are brilliant. They prove that great songwriting needs no embellishment - just a guitar, a voice, and a drumset. Of all the rock acts that have emerged in the last 5 years, The White Stripes are the best.

fat_mike

Juniors
white stripes are mediocre

saw them at bdo 2002 and they were dreadful. meg white is an absolute gimp on drums and a monkey could play the beats she does. jack white seems to be ok, but as someone has already mention there incredibly bland and boring.

Godz Illa

Coach
fat_mike said:

saw them at bdo 2002 and they were dreadful. meg white is an absolute gimp on drums and a monkey could play the beats she does. jack white seems to be ok, but as someone has already mention there incredibly bland and boring.
I'm willing to put this difference in opinion down to the vagaries of taste and perception. However, I must insist that the words 'mediocre', 'dreadful', 'bland' and 'boring' are grossly inaccurate terms when referring to this band. The antonyms, listed below, are far more appropriate. (imo)
Excellent. Lovely. Exciting. Electrifying.

Moffo

Referee
Godz Illa said:
fat_mike said:

I'm willing to put this difference in opinion down to the vagaries of taste and perception. However, I must insist that the words 'mediocre', 'dreadful', 'bland' and 'boring' are grossly inaccurate terms when referring to this band. The antonyms, listed below, are far more appropriate. (imo)
Excellent. Lovely. Exciting. Electrifying.

Agreed. For mine at least, they put on an album where i didn't feel the inclination to skip any tracks. And that for mine says a lot. The song about the squirrel is brilllllllliant!