What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I PLAYED THE FULL VERSION TODAY!

Jared27

Juniors
Today at big boys toys (auckland) I played Stacey Jones Rugby League on PS2. It was at the Bond and Bond section on a nice plasma TV. PJ Marsh and Ervan Tuamavavae were there because Bond&Bond are the Warriors major sponsor. I played PJ Marsh and I won 36-0. It was soo funny because he was asking me what the buttons were and stuff. I was the raiders and he was the warriors played at ericcson stadium (5min halves). I played a couple more times against some other guys. I asked the bond & bond manager if it was the full version, he said it was and that there was a security guard watching incase someone tried to take the game. It is an awesome game!!!! I couldn't believe I was sitting next to PJ Marsh and Ervan playing the best game ever. AWESOME DAY!!!!

TripleM

Juniors
Yeah, theres no reason he would lie.. and like he could show us proof :p

Anything you noticed about the game that was a lot different/better/worse than what you expected from the vids? How did you score your points.. try grubbers and bombs and stuff?

Jared27

Juniors
I scored most of my points through tries. Just tapping x and getting my aggression up then busting through heaps of tackles. PJ was getting fustrated because he couldnt stop me. Playing the game was kind of like watching the wigan vs brisbane video except it is soo much better playing it. I didnt try many kicks except for the ones i done on accident when i first started playing. They seemed all good though. When I was playing this kid, he done a grubber without matrix style coming up, which i thought was real good. The graphics on ps2 dont seem to be as good as the screenshots, but still good enough. The player faces look awesome! The stadiums look great, very real and accurate. The controls are very easy to pick up and get used to. Great Game!

Cool you said u used the raiders and the faces were great which faces caught your attention in particular as looking realistic???

Jared27

Juniors
most of the faces i recognised and looked good were the warriors ones, but ruben wiki looked good and brad drew. The hair wasnt that accurate but good enough, like rubeen wiki just had normal short hair. But Henry Fa'aafili had the exact hair and face looked good to.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
It wouldnt have been the final version but one of the release candidates. But realisticly, the differences between the RC's and the final retail would only be picked up by the sidhe lads. Im glad you liked it.
Getting that one handed offload away to set up a try is nice huh ? :D

Crippler

Juniors
just hope it doenst turn into a button bashing game.

my A button on my xbox s controller i think is starting to stuff up from too much Top Spin tennis.

And A button would be the sprint button for Rugby LEague. Dont wanna stuff up the button for good.

Jared27

Juniors
You don't really need to bash the button, you just have to time it nicely as you go into a tackle. The reactions from PJ and Ervan were good, they laughed when someone done one of those huge wrestling tackles, and spoke to the players on the screen as if they were talking to there teamates in real life. It was funny because PJ was playing as the warriors and he wanted to bring ervan on from the bench and he wasnt even there :lol: . Does anybody know if he is in the game? They loved it!
The one thing I asked the bond and bond guy was- When is the game coming out!?! and he said he was in aussie a few days ago and asked a couple of companies there, and he got - late November and February?!? :?
So I have no idea :?:

shirkhan

Juniors
hey mate i also got to play it iw as there when lance hohia was there and some dude that helped make it was also there and he was saying the is a possibilatie that there will be a rugby game from sidhe and yea it was awsome i was the broncos and the warriors i had to games and i won with the warriors but not with the broncos the game is awsome the commentery is good aswell vossy sounds real good he just needs someone else there 2 of them would be awsome

[furrycat]

Coach
Err I might sound stupid, but how can a store have a game that has not been properly approved by Sony yet? Why would they have it? *enters confused mode*

TripleM

Juniors
Promotion.

They give it to some shops as we have heard people saying so they can show off what it is like and get more people seeing it.. and anyway, this wasn't a store, it was a big expo thing. But yeah, its all about promoting the game.

The President

Juniors
More important than the game....
Did u get anyword from PJ Marsh about whens hes gonna play rugby league again?
Will he be fit for the start of 2004?

Jared27

Juniors
I dont know what commentry things you are talking about. And I did ask PJ MArsh if he would be playing next year and he said yes definitley. He just had a big scar on his neck, but he has fully recovered.