What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i saw cliffy

fish

Juniors
C'mon.........You haven't read the papers today. Either it was a dumb question because you took my reply seriously or your one spaced out monkey that drifts in and out of reality.

fish said:
C'mon.........You haven't read the papers today. Either it was a dumb question because you took my reply seriously or your one spaced out monkey that drifts in and out of reality.

Actually I haven't read the papers today to be quite honest...what gives???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mzilikazi said:
eelavation said:
Mzilikazi said:
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Geez......what good is a Parramatta supporter over here if you guys fight amongst yourselves!!
What good is a Parramatta supporter fullstop?

alcohol consumption! :D
eelavation excepted of course!

I'd better get my tickets for Parkes huh?

I'd say so.

they've been promoting the curton raiser more than the main game which is generating a lot of local interest.

incase you weren't aware the Newtown PL side are playing a western region invitational side coached by Dean Pay.

Mzilikazi

Juniors
Yeah, the Liberal has been full of stories about it.

I just hope it doesn't rain. There's no cover. Have you been there before?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mzilikazi said:
Yeah, the Liberal has been full of stories about it.

I just hope it doesn't rain. There's no cover. Have you been there before?

no I haven't.

no cover?? I'm glad the "ball and chain" isn't coming, she'd be fair dinkum spewing without the luxery of a grandstand or undercover.

Mzilikazi

Juniors
There is a small grandstand there but I'd say it sold out long ago. Apart from that it is hill all around the perimeter.

They had a Test Match against the Kumuls in Parkes back in 1990 (and I will add that Manly legend Michael O'Connor broke the world pointscoring record for a test that day) and it was sleeting. Not much fun for the punters.

vesh

Juniors
Back to Cliffy, I know his son from school and he knows nothing about league. He plays soccer. And Cliffy's older son has played soccer (now called football) for top Australian clubs, and in the first team too.

It was good to see Cliffy and win the A-Grade for the last 2 years. Especially this year with Narraweena, I live in Narraweena, and so does Hoppa!

Apparently he's gonna coach Belrose, who are gonna be in the Jim Beam cup this year.

The Toecutter

Juniors
Back on the subject, I just saw Cliffy too! I was on my lunch break grabbing a bit of chinese on Pacfic Hwy St Leonards and there was Cliff! He was with a lady and a teenager, I'm assuming his wife and kid. Said G'day and that it was good to see him on the news again the other night (Coffs 7's) he said it was good to be out there again.