What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iafeta to UK

Corona Boy

Juniors
Iafeta to UK
By: Bryce Pepper - SportsNews
Tuesday 28 June 2005 - 15:34:07

New Zealand Warriors prop Iafeta Paleaaesina has announced he has signed with struggling English Super League club Wigan.

He will play out the year with New Zealand before moving to England to play for the Wigan Warriors.

"We wanted to retain Iafeta and we did all we could to try to accommodate him," NZ Warriors CEO Mick Watson told AAP.

"But with the experience he has gained and the salary cap restraints in the NRL we couldn't compete with the offer he had from Wigan."

"No club in the NRL would be able to come close to it."

The young prop who is well known for his charging runs, will be a huge boost for the struggling English club who are coming off a massive 75-0 loss against St Helens in the Challenge Cup and are facing possible relegation from Super League.

bartman

Immortal
...and underneath that gag, Corona Boy was probably spreading word that NZ Warriors prop Iafeta Paleaaesina is headed to Wigan next season.

They need a good prop up front - didn't have much luck with the Davico signing or Farrell's departure after he filled in there a lot in 2004.

Corona Boy

Juniors
Oh ok i think i get it now.

I can see the full article but other users see some type of message that says i should be quiet?

Right.